We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving from Dubrovnik to Split

Holmfirth, United...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Driving from Dubrovnik to Split

Hi,

In general do petrol stations in Croatia take credit cards? I've been caught out before when travelling and it really screws your finances!

Thanks.

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
43,686 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving from Dubrovnik to Split

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294453-i1554-k568…

Holmfirth, United...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving from Dubrovnik to Split

Thanks for your help, this is good to know.

Brighton and Hove...
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
Level Contributor
5,969 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Driving from Dubrovnik to Split

I see that I commented on this in 2012! All very easy as they are PIN machines. It may help to know a few numbers so that you can say which pump you have used - although if you hold up enough fingers I'm sure that will work (not to mention English). Its very easy to use credit cards in the supermarkets too and that is usually a cheaper way to use most UK ones than drawing cash out against them.

Holmfirth, United...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Driving from Dubrovnik to Split

Thanks Jude,

We're taking cards, Kuna, Euro and Sterling so hopefully we'll be sorted for all eventualities. It's very reasuring to know that we don't need cash for fuel though and I'll try and get a few numbers under my belt before we go!

1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Driving from Dubrovnik to Split

Hi, I'm going to Dubrovnik in three weeks & we're thinking of driving from Dubrovnik to split also. Where are you renting your car from & how much should we expect to pay renting a car for a week? Thanks in advance!

Holmfirth, United...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Driving from Dubrovnik to Split

Hi,

We are using economycarrentals.com as they had the best deals for what we wanted. We are picking up a Skoda Roomster from Dub airport in August for 10 days at a cost of £515 which includes additional driver, unlimited milage and an add on which means that we don't have to pay the first £565 for theft or damage (£36 cheaper if you don't want it). Whoever you go with, make sure you check the fine print as several companies's have a great looking headline deal that turns out to be stripped to the bone when you examine it closely.

7. Re: Driving from Dubrovnik to Split

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 July 2015, 06:15
Get answers to your questions about Dubrovnik