We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bars in Dubrovnik?

long eaton
Level Contributor
186 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Bars in Dubrovnik?

Hi we are visiting Dubrovnik in September. Currently researching Bars or similar for a beer or a quiet drink. Have found The Gaffe, Joseph O Connor and Café Buza, Can anyone suggest any other bars worth a visit?

Cheers

Alan

Zagreb, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Croatia
Level Contributor
3,578 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bars in Dubrovnik?

Where are you currently researching bars?! On the internet???

long eaton
Level Contributor
186 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bars in Dubrovnik?

Hi looked at the Tripadvisor comments and Rough Guide are there any personal thoughts on Bars in Dubrovnik?

holmfirth
Level Contributor
434 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bars in Dubrovnik?

i'm off on sunday so will be trying out the bars so i will email when we are back and let you know of some names of some nice ones, ones i do fancy trying are 360 degrees ,Buza and D'vino so far.

long eaton
Level Contributor
186 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bars in Dubrovnik?

Thanks Kiaholmfirth that's very kind have a good trip,

We went there in 2003 if you can have a visit to Mostar worth a visit since things have recovered from the war in the 90's

All the Best

Alan

Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bars in Dubrovnik?

There aren't bars as in a uk style, 3 Irish(ish) pubs off the main area in the old town, but there are some lovely wine bars (bottled beer) of which D'vino was our favourite, nice staff, inexpensive in the main, all wines are Croatian and cheese and olive platters to nibble on.

holmfirth
Level Contributor
434 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bars in Dubrovnik?

Hi i am back from dubrovnik, as above we found it hard to find any proper bars as such, we came across two irish bars, 1 rock bar which was cheap but a bit dark and dingy called The Exit, most are either restaurants or the odd wine bar. we went in a few most are down the side streets so its just a case of walking up and down. we did go to the stari gard hotel which has a roof garden that you can just have a drink , that has brill views ,that is up to the left second thin street up from when you have come from the old pile entrance just past the church. other than that sorry i can't be of any more help.

long eaton
Level Contributor
186 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bars in Dubrovnik?

Thanks hope you had a good holiday we've 3 week to go can't wait!

Cheers

Alan

holmfirth
Level Contributor
434 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bars in Dubrovnik?

Thanks we had a fab time , we also did go to Mostar which was very beautiful, if not a very long day. we also tried out Montenegro as decided we would never get to expereince these places again, so glad we did

hope you have a lovely time

kia

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
1 post
55 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bars in Dubrovnik?

Exit Rock Cafe. Very cool bar with a rock theme. Great tunes playing. Go when Stella is bartending. She's totally cool and mixes a mean long island iced tea (among other delights).

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Bars in Dubrovnik?

We are staying in Lapad next week and will probably spend some evenings in the old town and some in Lapad. Have so far identified the Cave Bar and On the Rocks in Lapad. Otherwise we're just going to follow our noses, though I'd particularly like to go to D'Vino.

Get answers to your questions about Dubrovnik