We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Transfer/day suggestions

Which Dubrovnik hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
24 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Airport Transfer/day suggestions

Two of us will arrive DBV by sea. We disembark by 9 am and will fly DBV to FCO Rome departing Vueling at 1600. We have a brief time in town the day before disembarkation but not much time to explore this city. Any suggestions for airport transfer, including shuttle from City Center? I have a small amount of currency (300) already purchased here in Dallas and can find an ATM if needed.

I'd like to be at the airport no later than 2 pm so we will have at least 5 hours in DBV--anyone's favorite place/cafe/local suggestions are welcomed.

Thank you,

Deborah

Zagreb, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Croatia
Level Contributor
3,562 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport Transfer/day suggestions

Taxi should cost about 250-250 kuna from the old town. To be at the airport by 2pm, you should leave the town by 1.30 at the latest. So let yourself go, stroll around the town, and look for your best place to have a coffee or lunch. You actually even have time to take the cable car to Mt. Srdj (open by midnight) in the evening, and in the morning to have a walk along the walls, preferably only the sea part, accessible from just next to the Pile gate when you enter the old town. It would take you about an hour or so.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
24 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport Transfer/day suggestions

Thank you, Happy! We love to walk/hike around. Looks like I just barely got enough Kuna. I felt rich for a few minutes.

Zagreb, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Croatia
Level Contributor
3,562 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport Transfer/day suggestions

Appreciated! We all feel rich here and there... Enjoy Dubrovnik :)

Brighton and Hove...
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
Level Contributor
5,731 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport Transfer/day suggestions

The airport bus only costs 35 kuna and takes 35 minutes so you could save your money as the taxi isn't really any quicker (and you can feel rich for longer!)

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
24 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport Transfer/day suggestions

Thanks! Nice to knows he options .

6. Re: Airport Transfer/day suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 August 2015, 05:17