We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cigarettes at dubrovnik airport

Which Dubrovnik hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
6 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Cigarettes at dubrovnik airport

Can anyone tell me if you can buy duty paid cigarettes at dubrovnik airport?

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
86 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cigarettes at dubrovnik airport

HI

Yes you can buy cigarettes and tobacco at the airport cannot remember prices but certainly cheaper then Uk

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
54 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cigarettes at dubrovnik airport

Hi

I fly back to England tomorrow and wondered whether anyone can advise if it's cheaper to buy cigarettes in Dubrovnik airport vs buying 10 packets from one of the local supermarkets, which cost around £3?

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
54 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cigarettes at dubrovnik airport

Hi

I fly back to England tomorrow and wondered whether anyone can advise if it's cheaper to buy cigarettes in Dubrovnik airport vs buying 10 packets from one of the local supermarkets, which cost around £3?

Brighton and Hove...
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
Level Contributor
5,608 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cigarettes at dubrovnik airport

After Croatia joined the EU in July 2013 most of the cigarettes disappeared from the shop airside in Split airport. I don't know if it's the same in Dubrovnik but as the ones at the airport won't be duty-free as it's EU they would be cheaper from the supermarkets.

Edited: 24 September 2014, 11:44
Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cigarettes at dubrovnik airport

If you`re travelling to and from any other point within the EU, it doesn`t make any difference, buying your ciggies at the airport, or from any of the local Croatian supermarkets / convenience stores... everything`s duty paid. Only if you`re buying to take outside the EU (at a favourable rate of exchange like USD$, etc.) , will you see any benefits. Definitely cheaper per pack there than in the UK, given the exchange rate.

All told, you`ll probably pay more per pack at the airport than elsewhere in Dubrovnik....same as buying them from a garage convenience store. You pay extra for that bit of lastminute.com shopping.

6. Re: Cigarettes at dubrovnik airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2015, 07:15