We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trips from Dubrovnik to Bosnia & Montenegro - Currency?

Morayshire, Scotland
Level Contributor
14 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Day trips from Dubrovnik to Bosnia & Montenegro - Currency?

Hi, We are going to Dubrovnik on holiday soon and have organised day trips, one to Bosnia and the other to Montenegro. What should we do regarding currency for these days? We are bringing a small amount of Kuna with us to use in Croatia and plan to use ATM's whilst there, but should we get currency in advance to use on our day trips? I'm not anticpating we would need a lot, just enough for lunch, optional trips and maybe a couple of souvenirs. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you in advance :)

Birmingham, England
Level Contributor
58 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trips from Dubrovnik to Bosnia & Montenegro - Currency?

I'm off to Dubrovnik myself in a couple of days and have just had the same thought. Sorry I cant answer your question but I will be watching for replies with interest! Out of interest , which company have you booked your trip with? - I've just posted a question asking for recommendations.

Morayshire, Scotland
Level Contributor
14 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trips from Dubrovnik to Bosnia & Montenegro - Currency?

Hi, we went through the Viator website as they appear to have very good reviews - they have arranged our Bosnia trip with SuperTours and the Montenegro one through EuroAdria tours. We're really looking forward to them both :)

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,777 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trips from Dubrovnik to Bosnia & Montenegro - Currency?

Montenegro use the euro so it is no problem to just get what you think you need in the UK if you wish or at an ATM there. Re Bosnia, it appears you will have to get their currency on arrival:

tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g294449-s601/Bosnia…

Ston, Croatia
Level Contributor
2,002 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Day trips from Dubrovnik to Bosnia & Montenegro - Currency?

Because the Bosnian convertible mark is fixed to the Euro - 1 euro equals 1.96 BAM, the Euro is widely accepted, certainly in tourist destinations.

Suffolk
Level Contributor
88 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day trips from Dubrovnik to Bosnia & Montenegro - Currency?

Not sure about Montenegro but Bosnia accepts Euro, Kuna or Convertible Mark. In the restaurants you just tell them what currency you want your change in.

Ston, Croatia
Level Contributor
2,002 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Day trips from Dubrovnik to Bosnia & Montenegro - Currency?

As a previously said, Montenegro uses the Euro even though it is not part of the Euro zone.

Morayshire, Scotland
Level Contributor
14 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Day trips from Dubrovnik to Bosnia & Montenegro - Currency?

Many thanks to everyone for your replies - you've been very helpful :)

holmfirth
Level Contributor
382 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Day trips from Dubrovnik to Bosnia & Montenegro - Currency?

we used kuna in Bosnia , but we didn't get any euro's for the montenegro trip till we got to Kotor and used an ATM, i would get some Euros beforehand as on the trip you stop off a couple of times before you get to Kotor so we couldn't buy a drink and you needed 50 cents to use the toilet which we had to borrow off of someone else on the trip.

9. Re: Day trips from Dubrovnik to Bosnia & Montenegro - Currency?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Dubrovnik