We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cross Border card on car hire

Which Dubrovnik hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
uk
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Cross Border card on car hire

Has anyone recently hire a car from the airport and paid for the additional Cross border card at the airport as we wish to travel to Mostar and maybe Montenegro. One company wants to charge over £70 for the week if ordered on line. I read somewhere it was £20. Can anyone help

Durham
Level Contributor
4,456 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cross Border card on car hire

The amount varies between car hire companies and some do not charge at all. You need to look at the small print. Econmy car rentals is one broker that has an option which includes the cross border card in the headline price.

uk
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Cross Border card on car hire

Thank you apt22 for your prompt reply.

I have looked at the car rentals you mention but as we are coming over on Thursday there is no special offer at such short notice and they charge the £70+ when added as an 'addition'. Has anyone used the company Oryx? Bev

Durham
Level Contributor
4,456 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cross Border card on car hire

I have used Oryx a couple of years ago at Dubrovnik Airport and found them fine. There are threads on this site with negative posts about Oryx.

Brighton and Hove...
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
Level Contributor
5,691 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cross Border card on car hire

I've used Oryx from Dubrovnik - they're ok. Have you run a car hire comparison site? Travelsupermarket or comparecarhire are a couple I use. Check out top ones for the add-in costs. I've got the cross-border card down to 20 euros for 5 days in Oct - but demand is less then.

5. Re: Cross Border card on car hire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2015, 05:16