We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

re Accommodation for 3 nights

dublin
Level Contributor
67 posts
140 reviews
Save Topic
re Accommodation for 3 nights

Hi. Looking for accommodation for myself for 3 nights in Dubrovnik. Looking for somewhere near to Old Town. Going by myself and looking at about €100 a night (Dubrovnik is definitely harder and more expensive then anywhere else in Croatia!) Any suggestions please pass on.

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
41,099 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: re Accommodation for 3 nights

Look for an apartment in the Old Town or in the Ploce area....when will you go?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,985 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: re Accommodation for 3 nights

I've used AdriaticHome and AirBnb websites for accommodation. Booking.com is supposed to be good too, no fees apparently.

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
41,099 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: re Accommodation for 3 nights

We used booking.com for our recent trip and it worked well for us....

UK
Destination Expert
for Istria, Rovinj, Pula
Level Contributor
2,741 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: re Accommodation for 3 nights

Barry at the moment there is a thread on the London Forum about scams on booking.com Don't want to alarm anyone but just to flag it up as something to be aware of.

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
41,099 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: re Accommodation for 3 nights

Good post DannyG......hopefully nobody will get caught up in a scam!

dublin
Level Contributor
67 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: re Accommodation for 3 nights

Cheers. I have to rethink my strategy re Dubrovik. No doubt it is a lovely city but accommodation is a nightmare! The hotels are mega expensive. The apartments I have contacted in the old town either don't have car parking spaces, won't answer emails or are rude on the phone. If anyone knows therefore of a apartment with car parking facilities even a little bit from the old town with a owner who is not rude then I am all ears! Why is Dubrovnik so dear?

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
2,205 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: re Accommodation for 3 nights

There is no car parking inside the old town since it is a car free zone.

Australia
Level Contributor
128 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: re Accommodation for 3 nights

We stayed in the old town at Festa apartments and Festa Stradum both owned by the same people. The owners Duska & Lovorka are such delightful people, they will pick you up from the airport also. When we arrived we found apple strudle, a bottle of wine,biscuites, apple juice and bottled water,all complimentary. I highly recommend them. You can read my review. If your interested I can give you their email and you can make direct contact.

Cars are not permitted in the old town, I'm sure Duska can help you with parking.

Edited: 06 September 2014, 06:25
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,985 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: re Accommodation for 3 nights

Dubrovnik is more expensive than other places in Croatia, I guess because it gets a lot of tourists and therefore they can charge whatever they like, although inside the city walls is more expensive. Perhaps look for a place just outside of the walls. We stayed in Gruz, in a self-contained studio apartment opposite the bus station, and just a 10 minute bus trip to Pile Gate, for about 60EU.

Edited: 06 September 2014, 06:46
4 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: re Accommodation for 3 nights

2 Aussie friends want 2 beds for 3 nights in Dubrovnik 3rd week in September. I liked your posting and would like their direct email please.