We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

pula to Plitvice lakes/split/dubrovnik

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
9 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
pula to Plitvice lakes/split/dubrovnik

hello everyone, I'm flying to Pula and I was hoping you could help me to find out how to get from there to Plitvice lakes, I've been reading some info and it seems to be a little tricky...I don't want to spend the night in Pula (I will if I have to though) I don't have a driver's licence so the bus is the only choice...and then from there to split (if there is a direct bus from plitvice to dubrovnik, I'm willing to skip split) and finally dubrovnik, we'll stay a total of 6 days (I know too little time)

I hope you can help me...any tips will be appreciated.

Zagreb, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
692 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: pula to Plitvice lakes/split/dubrovnik

Hi Danny, i have checked on www.autobusni-kolodvor.com and there are no buses, neither from Pula nor from Rijeka heading to Plitvicka Jezera (Plitvice Lakes). It is possible that there will be some bus during the season but at the moment it is not an option. Other option is to come to Zagreb and then take the bus from here. In that case you would have a bus from Plitvice to Split without problem.Cheers from Zagreb !

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
9 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: pula to Plitvice lakes/split/dubrovnik

thank you tihi :) , I booked a flight from Pula to zadar, and then we'll catch a bus from there...it seemed to be the best option, as we'll save time and it wasn't expensive...do you by any chance know if it's too difficult to go from Plitvice to split by bus?? thank you

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
9 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: pula to Plitvice lakes/split/dubrovnik

tihi do you by any chance know how long it takes to get to split from plitvice? i'm just thinking about spending the day at the lakes and then catching a bus to split and spend the night there to head to dubrovnik the next day, do you think that's possible? I'm just not sure how long it takes from split to dubronik...

Zagreb, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
692 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: pula to Plitvice lakes/split/dubrovnik

You are welcome Danny, glad for you that you booked the flight from Pula to Zadar. It is not difficult for buses, they run daily between Zagreb and Split, just go to the same site and check which company does it with "stanica" station Plitvicka Jezera. Timing by bus from Split to Dubrovnik is 5 hours, from Split to Zadar you have 2 and half hours, and 2 hours more to Plitvice from Zadar. It is possible to do as you said last, you can stay overnight in Split, do the sightseeing the next day and then catch the bus for Dubrovnik. Wishing you happy travel!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
9 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: pula to Plitvice lakes/split/dubrovnik

hello again tihi , thanks for your reply. I'm thinking about skipping split and instead going to Zagreb after the plitvice lakes and book a flight from there to Dubrovnik, what do you think? I do not know the prices of the bus tickets, but the flights are not expensive at all,and considering that I only have 6 days to travel in Croatia, I was thinking that it would be wise to save as much time as possible. For what you'd said I assume that is not difficult to catch a bus from plitivice lajes to zagreb...I just need a second opinion, I'm getting dizzy with all this travelling information hahaha

Zagreb, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
692 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: pula to Plitvice lakes/split/dubrovnik

Hi Danny, I understand why you are getting dizzy, you will be seeing many beautiful places so good planning is important :-) Regarding your route, let's recap.

Day 1. Pula - flight to Zadar, overnight in Zadar.

Day 2. Visit Zadar early morning, take bus to Pltivice, visit Plitvice,overnight Zagreb?

Day 3. Visit Zagreb, overnight Zagreb (acc. in Zagreb is cheaper than in Dubrovnik)

Day 4. Visit Dubrovnik - stay until departure Day 6.

Is this what you are planning to do? It is perfectly doable and you will avoid buses. Tickets are between 100-150kn,so the plane will cost you little more but you will save time for sure.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
9 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: pula to Plitvice lakes/split/dubrovnik

hi tihi, you got a close idea to what my route is

day 1. Pula (overnight )

day 2 early flight to Zadar (at 5:30 am), visit zadar and take bus to plitvice,overnight in zagreb

day 3. early flight to dubrovnik (haven't book this one yet), stay in dubrovnik till day 6.

I know there are lots of things that I will miss by choosing this route, but I just don't want to run from one place to the other, I just want to enjoy the trip without stressing or worrying about time ...do you think this is a good route?thanks for your tips, they are really helpful!

Zagreb, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
692 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: pula to Plitvice lakes/split/dubrovnik

Yes i think this is a good route, day 2 you will have lots to visit but everything is correctly planned, try to see Zagreb at night at least, so you can rest in Dubrovnik :-) And of course, you can always return by direct flight to Split and visit that area on the second ocassion. I wish you very nice trip and hope you will enjoy Croatia!

uk
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: pula to Plitvice lakes/split/dubrovnik

Hi Tihi, plan to drive from pula to the plitvice lakes...wots the best route plz..ie avoiding the crowds...?

Anusha

Zagreb, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
692 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: pula to Plitvice lakes/split/dubrovnik

Hi Anusha,at first you have to reach Rijeka and continue by motorway direction Split then exit at sign saying Plitvicka Jezera,the other road through Karlovac would be too long.

Get answers to your questions about Pula
Recent Conversations