We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When does the tourist season start in Pula

Which Pula hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mount Shasta...
1 post
Save Topic
When does the tourist season start in Pula

We are planning a trip to Pula and are debating between Oct, April or May. We want to miss the tourists but have the better weather. Can anyone give us advice? I know people are gone by the end of September but when does it start getting busier?

Karen

UK
Destination Expert
for Istria, Rovinj, Pula
Level Contributor
2,725 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: When does the tourist season start in Pula

Croatia is always slow in getting their tourist season off the ground e.g. ferry timetables for summer are never published early enough for people wanting to organise their holidays early in the year. I would say June is the real start of the tourist season in Pula. There will be plenty of things open in May especially in the centre but some restaurants will open in June. That's my experience.

Rovinj, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Rovinj, Istria, Croatia
Level Contributor
867 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: When does the tourist season start in Pula

Of the three months you mention, I would choose May. At that time last year last year, the weather was good and most things were up and running. The proposed ferry timetable between Istria and Venice for this year is now on the Venezia Lines website. First crossing is April 20th with online booking from mid February.

Istria, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Istria, Croatia
Level Contributor
6,220 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: When does the tourist season start in Pula

I would also choose May. We are there several times each May and are finding more and more tourists. May is still relatively quiet and the weather is outstanding. October is fabulous, too. We spend each May and October in Istria as those are the best months in my opinion (less people, lovely weather).

How long are you staying in Pula?

Tower City, North...
Level Contributor
201 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: When does the tourist season start in Pula

high season start somewhere from 10.7 till 25.8

from 1.6 to 10.7 is some mid season with not so many people around but still good weather

from 25.8 to 10.9. you have invasion of UK people heading to festivals in pula.

but still good weather and not so many other tourists mostly old people

april is to early if you wanna go to sea but for sightseeing is ok

may is good for sea if you are brave and there is no tourist. weather would be the best. sunny and hot but not too hot

…wunderground.com/history/…calendar

5. Re: When does the tourist season start in Pula

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 February 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Pula