We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

no Mali Losinj - Pula ferry 2014...? HELP!!!

Which Pula hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Florence, Italy
5 posts
Save Topic
no Mali Losinj - Pula ferry 2014...? HELP!!!

Does anyone have any idea how I can get me and my family (my mother, me, my partner and our two kids - 11 and 7) to Porec from Mali Losinj (26th July) - I've just been told the Mali Losinj-Pula no longer exists!!! AAArrrgghhhh... Travelling through the islands and crossing over higher up???

Virginia
Level Contributor
2,986 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: no Mali Losinj - Pula ferry 2014...? HELP!!!

Assuming you have car, drive to Cres and ferry to Brestova on the mainland. Or, ferry to Krk and drive bridge to mainland. (schedules via http://www.jadrolinija.hr/).

Without car, there is a catamaran to Rijeka (bus from there to Porec)

http://www.krilo.hr/en/sailing_schedule.html

Also, there is a bus that takes a ferry, also to Rijeka: https:/…red-voznje-i-cjenik

I was wondering if a catamaran to Venice would help you, and I saw that Venezia Lines lists a Losinj to Pula line on July 26: http://www.venezialines.com/schedules (perhaps this replaced the old jadrolinija line???) I could be reading it wrong, so visit the site to verify.

Florence, Italy
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: no Mali Losinj - Pula ferry 2014...? HELP!!!

Thanks, I'll look at those options too - though the catamaran option seems to be obsolete - that's what got me into trouble in the fist place! The tourist office I've (already) booked with said it probably won't run this year (I didn't think to ask beforehand).

Actually... no car... I'm looking at the bus to Porozina (2h15), ferry to Brestova (20mins), taxi/shuttle/bus to Porec (70km)... ??? A bit of a slog, but It might work...

Virginia
Level Contributor
2,986 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: no Mali Losinj - Pula ferry 2014...? HELP!!!

Good luck--just make sure you can get a ride from Brestova to Porec, as I understand it, it is just a port. Though farther away, at least in Rijeka you are guaranteed a bus line.

Florence, Italy
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: no Mali Losinj - Pula ferry 2014...? HELP!!!

found a site :-)

connecto-taxi.com/en/…FoRm

Thanks for your help!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
3,508 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: no Mali Losinj - Pula ferry 2014...? HELP!!!

The Krilo website says the catamaran to Rijeka schedule is valid 2014. Am I missing some other news?

Virginia
Level Contributor
2,986 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: no Mali Losinj - Pula ferry 2014...? HELP!!!

She is trying to get to Porec via Pula. The Pula catamaran is the one that was discontinued.

Rovinj, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Rovinj, Istria, Croatia
Level Contributor
863 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: no Mali Losinj - Pula ferry 2014...? HELP!!!

Update

The application to run the catamaran service between Pula and Zadar for 2014 is now open to qualified companies. There may be a successful application, but we won't know until around beginning of May.

This is the information that I received from the government department who are dealing with this.

Florence, Italy
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: no Mali Losinj - Pula ferry 2014...? HELP!!!

excellent! great news TowerofFlour.

Pula, Croatia
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: no Mali Losinj - Pula ferry 2014...? HELP!!!

As I understand it, you have no car? Then the best idea would be to take the catamaran from Mali Lošinj to Rijeka and then a bus to Poreč. You're looking at a 4:20 ride on the catamaran (dep. 6am, arr. 10:20) and then around 1,5/2 hours to get to Poreč, depending on which bus you take. There's no direct route from Brestova to Poreč as of now and the only other way you could possibly get to Poreč is to take a bus to Pula and then an other to Poreč.

If, on the other hand, you have no problem in taking a taxi then maybe booking one in advance and having it wait for you once you arrive at Brestova is the best idea.

I hope they give you the catamaran route to Pula back, though, 'cos that was the most logic solution.

Florence, Italy
5 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: no Mali Losinj - Pula ferry 2014...? HELP!!!

Hello, I was wondering if anybody has any news about ferry companies taking on the Mali losinj to Pula route? I can't find any definitive answers on internet. Thanks again for your help.

Edited: 11 July 2014, 18:43
Get answers to your questions about Pula