We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drinking water in Pula

Ireland
Level Contributor
19 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Drinking water in Pula

Can you drink the water from the tap in Croatia or do you have to buy bottled water? Also we're staying in the Hotel Park, are there any shops nearby? Thanks in advance.

UK
Destination Expert
for Istria, Rovinj, Pula
Level Contributor
2,739 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Drinking water in Pula

You do not have to buy bottled water as the tap water is fine and safe; I've been drinking it for 40 years.

There are a few shops nearby but mostly tourist shops.

Edited: 05 May 2014, 12:41
Ireland
Level Contributor
19 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Drinking water in Pula

Thanks for that, wasn't sure as we haven't been to Croatia for nearly 30 years. Unfortunately I'm a smoker and just wondering if you can buy international brands over there. Are they expensive? Thanks again.

UK
Destination Expert
for Istria, Rovinj, Pula
Level Contributor
2,739 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Drinking water in Pula

I'm not sure you can get international brands I don't recall seeing them. They may be on sale at some upmarket places or 5* hotels but I don't know. There are of course plenty of Croatian cigarettes and there's a tobacco factory in Istria. They are much cheaper, at least to what you pay in the UK.

Ireland
Level Contributor
19 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Drinking water in Pula

Thanks DannyG, here in Ireland they're €9.60 for a pack of 20 so I think I may indulge in some of the local tobacco!

5. Re: Drinking water in Pula

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 May 2015, 06:17