We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Pula suitable for us?

Northwich, United...
Level Contributor
1,525 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Is Pula suitable for us?

Hi, I have seen some cheap flights to Pula, and am considering visiting for a short break (4 nights). With my sister. I dont drive, so won't be hiring a car, and dont want to be replying on public transport either so ideally we would like a nice cheap hotel with a pool, within walking distance of bars and restaurants. We just want a cheap relaxing beach break, not too long transfer, and cheap to eat out when we get there.

Is Pula suitable? Can we stay on the beach and also walk into town?

Our other alternatives are Fuerteventura and Majorca, but I have always fancied Croatia.

Thanks

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
41,056 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Pula suitable for us?

How about a transfer to Rovinj after flying in....even though you said you don't want to rely on public transport...I think Rovinj would have what you are looking for....but great choice with Croatia!!!

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
41,056 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Pula suitable for us?

Or how about Fazana....8km away from Pula?

tripadvisor.com/Tourism-g780756-Fazana_Istri…

Hastings
Level Contributor
52 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Pula suitable for us?

You can arrange a transfer with the airline, I believe. Everywhere in istria the transfer is less than an hour

Tower City, North...
Level Contributor
201 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Is Pula suitable for us?

Not really. if you wanna be on beach you will be 3-4 km outside of town where are all bars restoraunts places. sure you'll have some of them near beaches but most of them and most of "must see" thing are few km away.

faža would be better if you wana walk from apartmanet to beach to bar to restoraunt. everything will be within 1km

UK
Destination Expert
for Istria, Rovinj, Pula
Level Contributor
2,739 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is Pula suitable for us?

Pula has a tourist complex 2 miles from the centre at Verudela with several hotels in different price ranges and some with pools, though you are right on the sea with beaches. Lots of cheap restaurants and bars and one specifically that serves meals and drinks literally on the sea edge. There is a frequent and very good bus service to take you into the centre of Pula which is only 2 kms away.

6. Re: Is Pula suitable for us?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 29 March 2015, 10:35
Sydney
Destination Expert
for Croatia
Level Contributor
11,709 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is Pula suitable for us?

This is advertising, which is not permitted on TA. Besides, this is a very old thread.

8. Re: Is Pula suitable for us?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 March 2016, 05:15