We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I'm confused about accommodation in Zadar - HELP please!

Which Zadar hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow
3 posts
Save Topic
I'm confused about accommodation in Zadar - HELP please!

Dear fellow travellers,

I have booked very cheap Ryan Air flights to Zadar, I fly in on 10th June for 1 week.

My partner and I want a chilled holiday,sitting on balcony, eating nice food and drinking wine,so would prefer somewhere with kitchen + balcony facilities. I am not sure whether I should book somewhere before I arrive, or whether I can find nice appartments when I am there?

We are travelling on a budget so I am not sure what the best option is, we don't want to pay more than £400 for a weeks accommodation ( the cheaper the better).

We will not be renting a car, so have to rely on public transport to get around.

So, are we best to stay in once place for the week and do day trips, or can we 'island hop'??

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Amy

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik, Zadar, Croatia
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I'm confused about accommodation in Zadar - HELP please!

If on a budget, stay in one place. You will be able to find nice place in either Borik or Diklo area to match your budget.

Do day trips and book with local agencies in old town.

Parma, Italy
Destination Expert
for Parma, Cremona, Zadar
Level Contributor
2,290 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I'm confused about accommodation in Zadar - HELP please!

During the year it's possible, but from June till September is better to book it in advance. Zadar is crowded in that period.

It's always better to have a car, because the appartments are all out from the old town.

Parma, Italy
Destination Expert
for Parma, Cremona, Zadar
Level Contributor
2,290 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I'm confused about accommodation in Zadar - HELP please!

You can try to search for something here:

adriagate.com/en/…

London, England
Level Contributor
1,315 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I'm confused about accommodation in Zadar - HELP please!

Just back- and I reckon isalnd hopping should be really easy- we easily found a 2-bedroom apartment with kitchen that exactly fits your description at less than 225kn or 30 GB pounds a night; in Sali- an hour away by ferry.

Sleepy harbour, seaview balcony, a few good bars & reasonable restaurants and a supermarket for even cheaper food and wine. We didn't want to stay in Diklo, were surprised at the high cost of many hotels, so spent 2 nites in the old Town (in the very basic, view-less, but cheap and well located Venera) and then got the 10am ferry - one of 4 or more crossings a day even off season- to Sali on the island of Dugi Otok.

A really helpful little tourist office will find you rooms - of which there are quite a few- and the advantage of going in June is that prices double in July & August. Great place, easy travel and really welcoming local people who all seem to speak English

5. Re: I'm confused about accommodation in Zadar - HELP please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 May 2009, 17:55
6. Re: I'm confused about accommodation in Zadar - HELP please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 November 2009, 07:26