We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport from Airport

scotland
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Transport from Airport

Arriving in Zadar airport on Sunday 21st June with

Ryanair, does anybody know if they have buses into the town. We are stayin in the Diklo area. What would your best way to get there from the airport,and price of buses and taxis. The flight

arrives at 21.15

Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
180 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport from Airport

There is bus from airport to the city center, if I remember right, the price is 25kn (one direction). When you get there, take local bus to Diklo.

If this is too much fuss for you and you want to avoid it, there is always a taxi, but unfortunatelly I don't know what's the price of it, but I suppose it shouldn't be too much as it's only 10km away. Especially if there is more than one person to share expenses..

London, England
Level Contributor
1,524 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport from Airport

A taxi last week from the same Ryanair late arrival a few days ago cost us 170kn (about 20 odd quid) right into the heart of the old town, which I think is further than Diklo. The return trip which was a bit earlier in the evening and from the old town ferry terminal only cost 130kn (less than 18 quid with a tip). Both taxis were on the meter, and costs seemed fair for the 20-30 minute trip. Didn't see the bus station but I think it's 10 mins out of town- and some distance from Diklo - taxi fares seem to start at about 25kn, so a mix of bus and taxi may be cheaper but not much so, and maybe more hassle, so I'd go for a taxi the 1st night. Do make it into the old town, and if time, spend at least a day or two on the nearby isalnds such as Dugi Otok- only a few quid for an hour on the ordinary fast passenger ferry to Sali- but even more friendly and laid back than Zadar old town itself.

Parma, Italy
Level Contributor
2,296 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transport from Airport

For the evening arrivals I always suggest to take the taxi. The airport is only 8 km distant from Zadar.

For the bus connection you can check on the airport site:

http://www.zadar-airport.hr/hr/

scotland
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Transport from Airport

Thank for the advise think will take the taxi

Parma, Italy
Level Contributor
2,296 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transport from Airport

It will not be very expensive and it's much better in the evening. Have a nice trip!

6. Re: Transport from Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 November 2009, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Zadar