We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Croatia Holiday

Which Zadar hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Scotland
6 posts
Save Topic
Croatia Holiday

Hi,

I am travelling to croatia and flying to Zadar on the 16th August for 7 nights.

We plan to stay two nights in Zadar and then visit a couple of the islands for the next 5 days.

I have had some extremely helpful feedback from posters on here already.

We have booked accomodation in the city centre i think for the first two nights, has anyone ever stayed here...http://www.apartmani-hrvatska.com/osobnaen.asp?BR=8027 or this link, its the fifth one on the list in the Zadar section www.apartmani-hrvatska.com under the name of MIRJANA JAKUPOVIĆ, if so whats it like?

I would also like to know which islands you think would be best suited to visit for two mid-20's who like the beach and seeing sights.

Thanks again for everyones help.

Kind Regards,

KK

Parma, Italy
Destination Expert
for Parma, Cremona, Zadar
Level Contributor
2,296 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Croatia Holiday

It seems ok for me, where exactly is this apartment? Street? If it's central it would be fine.

I would go one day on Kornati NP tour. 5 days on the islands seems too many for me. You sould find a place to sleep. Zadar is connected with Preko where you can go in the morning and come back in the evening. It's the best option because in the city you can find more movement, bars, restaurants. Islands are more quiet.

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik, Zadar, Croatia
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Croatia Holiday

Islands are generally quiet but in August it can get quite wild in Sali on Dugi Otok and that may be a good option for an island holiday.

Besides, there are lots of restaurants and bars on the island and fabulous Saharun sandy beach.

Scotland
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Croatia Holiday

Thanks for your help.

What islands can i get to from Zadar? We plan on maybe staying 2 nights each on a couple of them.

Am i better traveling to Split and then heading to the islands from there?

How easy will it be to find accommodation once we are over there?

Thanks again for all your help and sorry for all the questions.

London, England
Level Contributor
1,334 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Croatia Holiday

Ferry routes from Zadar (or other ports) can be displayed on thee excellent interactive map on the Jadrolina site's English pages-

www.jadrolinija.hr/default.aspx?dpid=1227

Just click on an area for a closeup; as you'll see, there are lots of options, and Sali, mentioned above, is just an hour away, and cheapto get to; about 2-3GBP. We didn't visit other islands, but loved Sali on Dugi Otok (Long Island- the furthest out of the Zadar archipelago. Rocky shores with big flat boulders for subathing rather than beaches, but lovely clean water and (I guess, in season) boat trips to other parts such as the beautiful national park dotted with bays and islands - about 1-2 hours away if you walk, so not too easy in AUGUST heat.

Can't comment about how easy it is to find accommodation in August- there was masses available when we turned up unbooked, off season in May, (our 4-bedroom/2 bathroom apartment with sea views only cost 30 quid, but I understand that prices double in July-gand assume its a lot busier; they told us the little fishing harbour fills with yachts in season).

We stayed in an apartment run by Marijana (who speaks excellent English), tel 00385 23 377 350.

We got it from the tourist agency on the harbour opposite where the ferry docks, who act for lots of rooms and apartments – tel 00385 23 377 208 or 38585 99 518 2929 www.adamo.hr or email info@adamo.hr

Scotland
Level Contributor
7 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Croatia Holiday

Hi

I would agree with the other posts, the islands tend to be quieter and as Zadar is such a great base with many accessible islands, you may want to stay longer in Zadar. Preko is on the island of Uglyan and is a great wee place for a day trip. The ferries run every hour and cost arounf £4 return from Zadar old town.

The Jadrolinija website will provide all the ferry timetables and the ticket office staff are very helpful.

Parma, Italy
Destination Expert
for Parma, Cremona, Zadar
Level Contributor
2,296 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Croatia Holiday

You can buy the tickets from Preko on the Jadrolinija desk in the port, you don't need to book it.

7. Re: Croatia Holiday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2009, 05:17