We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ten nights in Zadar with a toddler

Which Zadar hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ireland
Level Contributor
49 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Ten nights in Zadar with a toddler

I am travelling to Zadar in july for ten nights with my husband and two year old daughter. We would like to see as much as the area as possible but (because of the baby) we don't want to move accomodation too much.

We are planning to hire a car and would therefore like a base somewhere quiet but from which we could explore the area. Having read the previous posts, we are thinking of spending 5/6 days in Vinjerac. Does this sound like a good idea or would anyone know of an even quieter village which they could recommend as a base?

Also, does anyone have any suggestions for a base for the second half of the holiday which wouldn't be more than a 3 hour car journey?

Many thanks for your help

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik, Zadar, Croatia
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ten nights in Zadar with a toddler

Nin would be a better destination since the beaches around are sandy and not rocky like in most of the region.

For the second part of your holiday, Primošten may be a very good choice.

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
40,066 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ten nights in Zadar with a toddler

I think Primosten is a nice option for your second part of the trip.

Ireland
Level Contributor
49 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Ten nights in Zadar with a toddler

Thanks for your help. Had previously discounted Nin as thought it might be too crowded during the summer but will look at it again.

Ireland
Level Contributor
49 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Ten nights in Zadar with a toddler

Hi again

Despite the helpful replies to my previous posts, I am still struggling to decide where to stay near Zadar. I have looked in Nin and whilst it looks lovely think we might prefer somewhere less touristy - ideally a peaceful village. Any further suggestions would be appreciated.

County Donegal...
Level Contributor
2,113 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ten nights in Zadar with a toddler

Hi cinnamon

the link below might be some help to you

holiday-rentals.co.uk/Croatia/…r11943.htm

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik, Zadar, Croatia
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ten nights in Zadar with a toddler

Go to Ljubac! Spectacular sand beach for kids, quiet and tiny place. It does not get anything less touristy than that. But you need a car to access almost everything.

Zagreb, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
690 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ten nights in Zadar with a toddler

Just as an idea you could stay in Biograd as well but Morlaque is right, you need a car. It is nice place for families with children and lots of nice places to explore if with car.

Also,there is fantastic sand beach in Pakostane (ex club Mediterane) which is called little Polynesia, and you might like it because of the baby and the setting there. However, the access to the beach area has an entry fee.

Parma, Italy
Destination Expert
for Parma, Cremona, Zadar
Level Contributor
2,296 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ten nights in Zadar with a toddler

The best zone near Zadar to stay with small child are Zaton or Borik. Nin also was suggested and is not bad idea as famous for its sand beaches. The difference stays in a fact that the first two are some kind of "touristical villages" with bars, beaches, sand, sports, children things etc. Borik is practically considered Zadar, it's 10 minutes distant from the old town. Everything is connected by the regular bus lines. As alternative you can always rent a car and feel free to go around you like more. It's very useful.

Parma, Italy
Destination Expert
for Parma, Cremona, Zadar
Level Contributor
2,296 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ten nights in Zadar with a toddler

There are some links that could be helpful:

http://www.hoteliborik.hr/

http://www.zaton.hr/it

In Nin you should search for a private accomodation or a hotel.

Zadar, Croatia
Level Contributor
136 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ten nights in Zadar with a toddler

Hi,

since you are looking for a quiet place I think your first idea was the best, Vinjerac is very quiet, it is a dead end road, only little local traffic, there is one post office, one small grocery shop 2 or 3 cafés. The beach is a bit small, but if you don't mind the rocks tou can walk a bit further.

There is a fantastic view on the velebit mountains.

I would definitely go for it. As people said you will need a car for going around