We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zadar, June 2010. Couple of questions.

Dublin
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Zadar, June 2010. Couple of questions.

Hi all,

Myself and 4 friends, who are all in our early 20s, will be flying into Zadar from Dublin on June 12 and staying till June 23.

We're going to be renting a self catering apartment, most likely in the Diklo area.

I was wondering if some of you could answer a few questions please.

What would the average price for a meal be in a city centre restaurant? Is there a mix of local cusine, european and fast food restaurants in Zadar? (I'm looking forward to trying the local food but wondering will I be able to fall back on a nice pizzeria or steakhouse?)

What is the average price for a pint of beer in a i) bar and ii) nightclub? Are there any local beers that you recommend?

What time do i) bars and ii) nightclubs close in Zadar?

What's the tourist make up for Zadar in June? Full of English larger louts? (I was in Bulgaria last summer and was surprised to see so many Germans and Swedes instead of Irish and British.)

Thanks in advance.

Parma, Italy
Level Contributor
2,296 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Zadar, June 2010. Couple of questions.

The restaurant prices are chepaer than anywhere I've been before, the cousine is local mediteranean... the food is excellent... you can stop in the center where ever you like, the places are good. Pizza is not a croatian food so the only place I know is Pizzaria Tri bunara, but as I live in Italy, the pizza is not so good as ours is. I would eat fish in Zadar... the center is full of bars and locals where you can have a good time. The touris season starts in June so you'll see it full of them... people from all over the world, Americans, Germans, Italians.... My advice is: don't think to much about how is and how isn't, relax and go. try to blend with locals...

County Donegal...
Level Contributor
2,116 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Zadar, June 2010. Couple of questions.

Croatia draws alot of tourists from Germany,Italy,Austria,central europe,The Netherlands & Scandanavia.You will find quite a few Irish & British too,but not the lager lout brigade you mention which our country produces as well,not just GB.Drunkeness is frowned upon in Croatia not encouraged like it is in resorts such as Ayia Napa,Faliraki & many of the Spanish resorts

Good local beers.Favorit & karlovacko

solingen
Level Contributor
99 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Zadar, June 2010. Couple of questions.

0,5 L of beer is 3 - 3,5 euro during summer in Zadar's bars and restaurants.

Try some traditional dalmatian meals like "Slane Srdele" (Salt Anchovies), "Octopus salad" and "Dagnje (Mussels)". You can find it in the city centre from 4 euro for "SlaneSrdele" to 10 euro for Octopus Salad.

4. Re: Zadar, June 2010. Couple of questions.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12 May 2010, 14:35
5. Re: Zadar, June 2010. Couple of questions.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 November 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Zadar