We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Venice-Zadar

Stockholm, Sweden
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Venice-Zadar

We want to take a boat from Venice to Croatien, some place near Zadar would be nice. Anybody knows some good routes? We prefer trains to cars.

/Karina

Parma, Italy
Level Contributor
2,296 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Venice-Zadar

I don't think there is a route Venice-Zadar unfortunatelly, you can get by car...

Stockholm, Sweden
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Venice-Zadar

Actually Zadar is not a firm option, there is a Ryaair plane from Zadar to Stockholm that's why I am interested on getting closer to this place.

Any other good routes from Venice to Croatien you can recommend?

California
Level Contributor
169 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Venice-Zadar

If your sole purpose is to get to Zadar to catch a flight I would look for other options in Italy or Germany to return to Stockholm. However it you want to go to Zadar. Take a train to Rijeka then a bus to Zadar or you can take a ferry boat to Rijeka then get the bus but either way it is long. There are no direct routes. A third option (which I am not sure) is to take a train down the east side of Italy, then see if there is a ferry from there to Zadar which is likely the most expensive and time consuming option.

Parma, Italy
Level Contributor
2,296 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Venice-Zadar

There is also a bus from Trieste...this is the cheapest option anyway...

London, United...
Level Contributor
284 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Venice-Zadar

When will you travel and for how long?

North adriatic gas...
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Venice-Zadar

Ferry Venice - Pula and than ferry Pula - Zadar or

Venice to Pesaro and

Pesaro & Rimini- Mali Lošinj- Zadar

www.adrialines.com/ferry-croatia/zadar.html

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
330 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Venice-Zadar

You can catch a catamaran from Venice to Pula which is quick, then just catch either bus or ferry down to Zadar.

8. Re: Venice-Zadar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 December 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Zadar