We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best ways to get to Zadar from the USA, in the Autumn

Lexington, KY
1 post
Save Topic
Best ways to get to Zadar from the USA, in the Autumn

I'll be going to Zadar in November and I'm trying to find the best way to get there from the USA (Indianapolis). For some reason I'm not able to just book a flight straight there (on Orbitz for example), so I've come up with these options:

Book a flight to Zagreb and catch a flight to Zadar

Book a flight to Zagreb and take a bus to Zadar

Book a flight to somewhere else (Munich? maybe?) and take a bus to Zadar

Book a flight to Italy and take a ferry across to Zadar

I'd like something with a bit of adventure, to the last three are a bit more attractive to me than the first. Would the ferries even be running in November?

Any advice appreciated!

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
2,306 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best ways to get to Zadar from the USA, in the Autumn

Try doing your airline research on www.kayak.com. You can fly into London or Frankfurt and make your way to Zagreb and on to Zadar. Once you find an acceptable routing to Croatia, you can then decide how to get from Zagreb to Zadar. Bring your umbrella and warm coat.

Parma, Italy
Level Contributor
2,296 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best ways to get to Zadar from the USA, in the Autumn

You can get the flight for Zagreb changing in Frankfurt, Madrid or Vien. There are many different options, dipends also wich flighting company you take.

3. Re: Best ways to get to Zadar from the USA, in the Autumn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 March 2011, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Zadar
Recent Conversations