We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Kolovare

Which Zadar hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Warwick, United...
Level Contributor
200 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Kolovare

Looking at the Hotel Kolovare for next summer. The reviews are mixed, mainly around food which I am not very concerned about.

Can any destination experts give me a local view on the hotel? It seems OK to me.

I do not like noisy hotels, especially being able to hear the bathrooms in other rooms. How does this one rate?

Are there any bars between it and the old town?

Cheers.

Bob

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik, Zadar, Croatia
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Kolovare

As a destination expert, I stay at my home and not at the hotel :))) but, this is more of a 3 star than 4 star hotel. The location is fabulous and only about 5 min to Old Town, There are no bars between the hotel and the old town if you walk by the water or the hospital but there are bars closer to the shopping mall nearby.

All in all, great location, solid quality but not 4 stars.

Warwick, United...
Level Contributor
200 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Kolovare

Thanks,

the Bastion is too expensive and the other hotels are too far away, I will probably take a punt.

It depends on what the a stars are for. I don't care about room size (within reason), dinner quality or decor. If the breakfast is no good I can get one some-where else.

Parma, Italy
Destination Expert
for Parma, Cremona, Zadar
Level Contributor
2,296 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Kolovare

Hotel Kolovare is fine.... good located and not very expensive. Ask the room with the bathroom..

Falls Church...
Level Contributor
44 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Kolovare

I am also looking at Hotel Kolovare. How is the walk from old town back to the hotel at night. Is there a footpath? Is it well lit and safe?

Warwick, United...
Level Contributor
200 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Kolovare

Looking at Google Earth there is a road which has street lights at the Zadar end and there is a similar street light just past the hotel so I assume that the lights go all the way down.

I have been to Croatia twice and never had any problems so I expect none on that walk. There are "beaches" all the way down that road and an open air pool so I assume there will be plenty of people on the road, not to mention hotel guests going to and fro.

The walk is about 0.6 miles from the town gate.

Are you, also, inclined to read the latest reports and leave those from last year?

Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Kolovare

The hotel is okay, and as the others said, it feels more like 3 stars. Just don't swim at the beach in front of the hotel, it's pretty dirty...

Warwick, United...
Level Contributor
200 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Kolovare

Thanks. I think it's a goer.

Bob

Zagreb, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Croatia
Level Contributor
3,562 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel Kolovare

the hotel is well positioned for a superb 10-15 minutes walk along or near the sea from the old town's lion's gate, even at night as it is well lit. you are passing through the city, not through a no-man's land, so there should be no problem at all.

Zagreb, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Croatia
Level Contributor
3,562 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel Kolovare

Hi Bob,

the hotel is really ok for any kind of stay, biz or holidays, as it's close to the old town but also to the biz areas, and literally on the beach. The sea is clean, so you can swim (a few hundred yards to the north there's also locals swimming in the old town...). Rooms are fine, couldn't hear the noise from either my neighbour's bathroom or TV. Great terrace with a nice sun shade, you can have the terrace door open during fresh nights. All is pretty fine with this hotel. It's not luxurious, but not too expensive either... If possible, go for upper floors and the sea view.

Warwick, United...
Level Contributor
200 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel Kolovare

Thanks for the reply.

I have just booked prior to reading this reply and, as you suggested, asked for upper floors and sea views.

The earlier critiques of the hotel were poor but it sounds fine.

Cheers,

Bob