We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any tour operators cover Zadar?

Surbiton
Level Contributor
1,997 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
Any tour operators cover Zadar?

As the title; we prefer to go on a package holiday the first time we go to a place. Just can't find any of the major operators including Zadar.

Zadar Walking Tour
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
Zadar Archipelago
Sightseeing Tours, Boat Tours, Day Trips
TrulyCroatia Tours
Multi-day Tours, Cultural Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Boat Hire
Brighton and Hove...
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
Level Contributor
6,112 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any tour operators cover Zadar?

Interesting. It could be becuase Ryanair pull out of places with little warning and holiday companies don't want to have to deal with that (this is as per reports on the Forums).

idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
Level Contributor
11,172 posts
496 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any tour operators cover Zadar?

i will send ;you a personal message with a great company. the top company in croatia.

Surbiton
Level Contributor
1,997 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any tour operators cover Zadar?

Thanks for the message, charlie48; I've had a look at the website you recommend, and I think we may be using the term 'tour operator' in different ways.

In the UK, a tour operator puts together a package including flights, transfers and hotel. Once you're at a resort, it will usually offer excursions - at inflated prices.

Although many people like to put together their own package, booking the items separately, we prefer to have everything arranged in advance, especially on our first visit to a place.

One reason is that in the UK we've had failures by airlines and tour operators; the level of consumer protection is different depending on how you've booked. But that's a minor reason, really. Once we've visited a place, then we're happy to organise everything ourselves.

The website is about something else entirely, I think. It's offering local tours once you've arrived, and are in your accomodation.

So thanks for your interest, but I don't think that's what we're after.

idaho
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,172 posts
496 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any tour operators cover Zadar?

did you get ahold of him? that is what he does...puts together a package, flights etc..tours...wondering why you didn't email him?? oh, well...that is what he did for us. jsut tryin to help!!!

good luck to you, and you will love croatia...

Edited: 24 November 2011, 18:38
Surbiton
Level Contributor
1,997 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any tour operators cover Zadar?

Hi Charlie, I do appreciate the help, but I think we're talking about two different concepts. I get the impression from the website that what is offered is what we would call a "bundle" rather than a "package".

idaho
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,172 posts
496 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any tour operators cover Zadar?

just tried to help...goood luck.

Kyiv
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
324 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Any tour operators cover Zadar?

I’m afraid, for this kind of service (“turn-key” package holidays) you should better continue researching among your local tour companies rather than asking on Croatia forum. I doubt any local (Croatian) tour operator will bother about your flights etc; makes no sense to them to take the trouble.

But again, if you fail, Zadar is surely very easy to DIY. Nice place; I loved it.

Surbiton
Level Contributor
1,997 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Any tour operators cover Zadar?

Thanks Cora. I think I should have phrased my original post a little better. The way I intended it was as a request to any UK holidaymakers who've been to Zadar to tell me which UK tour operator they went through, or know of.

I've looked at Thomson, Thomas Cook, Balkan Holidays websites, and can't find any holiday going there.

My apologies if I've caused any confusion. I prefer a package tour operator such as the above to those who are purely acting as booking agents, like Expedia, etc.

Rovinj, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Rovinj, Istria, Croatia
Level Contributor
1,059 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Any tour operators cover Zadar?

Have no idea what the No1 comment means, but you could book a package with www.expedia.co.uk. Often better deals than booking direct.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Istria
Level Contributor
12,297 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Any tour operators cover Zadar?

Try :- http://www.dalmaholidays.co.uk/about_us.html

Unable to comment on their reliability, not travelled with them myself.

Good luck!

Get answers to your questions about Zadar
Recent Conversations