We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip to Paklenica NP from Zadar via public transport

Whangarei, New...
1 post
Save Topic
Day trip to Paklenica NP from Zadar via public transport

Hi,

We are traveling through Croatia in August on a pretty tight schedule and were wondering if it was possible to do a day trip from Zadar to Paklenica NP? We would like to have a good 5-6 hours hiking in the park. Is it possible to use public transport and catch an bus from Zadar to Starigrad in the early morning and a bus back in the late afternoon? I had a look at http://www.liburnija-zadar.hr/ website, but I couldn't find Starigrad Paklenica as a destination and I can't seem to find if all Zadar-Rijeka buses stop at Starigrad. Any help would be appreciated.

Zagreb, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Croatia
Level Contributor
3,578 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip to Paklenica NP from Zadar via public transport

since nobody in the area answering, usually the buses stop at stops when asked, even the tiniest ones. you may ask the driver at the bus station whether they would leave you at Starigrad (99% sure they will)... the same way back, wait at the stop for the first bus, and wave for them to stop... as far as I know, there's no local transportation to Starigrad, but I may be corrected here.

Parma, Italy
Level Contributor
2,296 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip to Paklenica NP from Zadar via public transport

There is a bus connection from Zadar to Starigrad twice a day (only one on Saturday). The site is new and there is a page in English. You have to select the voice "Suburban transport" .

www.liburnija-zadar.hr/linije.php…

Zadar, Croatia
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trip to Paklenica NP from Zadar via public transport

A bus to rijeka will get you there but it will leave you at the main road (as the bus to starigrad will) and you will have to walk some 20 - 30 minutes to the park entrance. for getting back it is a bit tricky since the bus stops at the main station is starigrad wich is not very close to the park and you can also stop it on the road but you need to know exactly when it will pass. some kind of taxi or shuttle would be better because you would save time and be more flexible with your shedule...if there is 3 or more people the price could be similar to the public transport....i think. check this site out, you might find some info http://www.experiencezadar.info/

4. Re: Day trip to Paklenica NP from Zadar via public transport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2014, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Zadar
Recent Conversations