We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

landing in Zadar 19th Aug, island suggestions for 1st week

Which Zadar hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Topic
landing in Zadar 19th Aug, island suggestions for 1st week

Hello all you lovely Zadar forum people.

I am hoping you can possibly help with my upcoming trip. Have booked flights into and out of Zadar 19th-28th Aug, have the last 2 nights booked in Zadar at Tinel Rooms and am trying to organise first week.

we had originally planned to head to Sali Dugi Otok, but i am now concerned that because we will not have a car this will be awkward. have heard public transport is scarce there.

I am now considering Island Ugljan, but really have no idea on which area or if the original plan is still best.

we really want to spend the first week relaxing, mooching about, rent a boat, visit a National park (Kornati/Telascia), diving if we can get it. then head back to zadar for a bit of bustle before we leave. Does anyone have any experience of islands or areas on the mainland near zadar that fit this? It is just me and my husband travelling. Hope you can help. :)

Parma, Italy
Destination Expert
for Parma, Cremona, Zadar
Level Contributor
2,296 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: landing in Zadar 19th Aug, island suggestions for 1st week

Sali ia a good option, great place to stay. You can get to Ugljan (Preko) by ferryboat from Zadar's port. It departs every 20-30 minutes. There is a possibility to take the organized tour to Telascica. You can find someone to take you there from the port.

Split, Croatia
Level Contributor
480 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: landing in Zadar 19th Aug, island suggestions for 1st week

Just beware, all the excursion boats in Zadar say they go to Kornati, but they go to Telascica and that is fraud. Only one boat goes to Kornati.

UK
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: landing in Zadar 19th Aug, island suggestions for 1st week

Thank you both for your replies. We have finally opted for a lovely apartment between Kali and Preko for the first week. We really did like the look of Sali, but thought it would be best to save this for another time when we have wheels!

Very excited about the trip now. We'll be sure to look closely at the excursions available and of course we'll write a report when we return :)

4. Re: landing in Zadar 19th Aug, island suggestions for 1st week

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 August 2014, 06:20