We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zadar, 27 July 2015

Capalaba, Australia
2 posts
Save Topic
Zadar, 27 July 2015

My friend and I are on a cruise in 2015 and have a day in Zadar, Croatia and was wondering if anyone can recommend a good tour guide or give us some ideas of what to do for the day. We arrive in port at 8am and leave at 5pm.

Zadar Walking Tour
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
Zadar Archipelago
Sightseeing Tours, Boat Tours, Day Trips
TrulyCroatia Tours
Multi-day Tours, Cultural Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Boat Hire
Romeo&Juliet Excursions Zadar
Sightseeing Tours, Boat Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Day Trips
Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Zadar
Level Contributor
1,548 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Zadar, 27 July 2015

You don't need a tour guide if you just want to look around old town. Go to the tourist office and ask for a map of Zadar. The map they give out is very detailed and it shows you all the sites in Zadar and where they are located. The tourist office will also help you with any other questions you might have for the day. They are quite friendly and very helpful.

Edited: 23 April 2014, 00:29
Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
48,621 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Zadar, 27 July 2015

I think it's also a good idea to do some research before you go so everything won't be brand new info when you get there. If so,I agree that you don't need a guide.

Capalaba, Australia
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Zadar, 27 July 2015

Thank you for the advice of what to do in Zadar. I will definitely go to the Tourist office and purchase a map of the city. It is my birthday that day and wanted to do something special, but if you don't need a guide I will go with what you recommend.

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Zadar
Level Contributor
1,548 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Zadar, 27 July 2015

The map is free and once again I agree with barry, it will be a good idea to do some research before you go.

Here are a couple of sites that you can start on.

http://www.tzzadar.hr/en

http://www.inyourpocket.com/croatia/zadar

I am sure you will have a great birthday. I spent my 50th birthday in Zadar. I wanted to spend it in the place where I was born and I had a fabulous and memorable day, even though I was away from my immediate family.

5. Re: Zadar, 27 July 2015

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 April 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Zadar
Recent Conversations