We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip from Split

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
10 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Day trip from Split

We are planning on renting a car in Split and driving to Krka National Park and then on to Zadar to see the Sea Organ and spending the night in Zadar before driving back to Split. My question is can we do this in one day? Also, can you recommend a good hotel near the sea organ in Zadar.

Level Contributor
5,158 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip from Split

I would not go much out of my way to hear the sea organ. Sibenik is much more interesting IMO and could be combined with Krka in a day trip.

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
51,358 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip from Split

I think it could definitely be done in a day if that's what you wanted to do..why not look for an apartment in the center instead of a hotel?

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Zadar
Level Contributor
1,596 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trip from Split

I suppose everyone is different but I would much prefer to go to Zadar than Sibenik. I really didn't think much of Sibenik and wouldn't bother going back. Seen it once and that was enough. Whereas there are so many other places in Croatia I would gladly revisit.

To answer your questions, yes, it can be done and as barry said look for an apartment. There are heaps in the Old Town of Zadar. Look at booking.com and airbnb.

Parma, Italy
Level Contributor
2,296 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day trip from Split

I wonder why did you choose the sea organ among many other beautiful thing to see in Zadar... anyway there is Hotel Bastion near it.

5. Re: Day trip from Split

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Zadar
Recent Conversations