We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train Poland to Lviv

Which Lviv hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sandnes, Norway
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Train Poland to Lviv

I might go to Warsaw or Krakow first, then take the train to Poland.

Any advice on where I can get train tickets online?

Schedule? Price?

I tried the German web site for train tickets through Europe (Die Bahn), but only found routes taking up to 10 hours, and it doesn't quote prices.

Hal

Switzerland
14 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Train Poland to Lviv

Getting train tickets for Ukraine is not that easy. It might be that you can only get it in Krakow, Warsaw and Lviv (hope somebody knows more). The trip across the boarder takes a lot of time, because of the different size of the tracks, and the different time zone (1 hour difference). There is a night train from Krakow that takes 6 hours, but it doesn't run every day. I got good timetables from the Austrian train website (www.oebb.at) use the Russian name Lvov, for national Ukrainien connections there is www.poezda.net.

It is also possible to go by bus, but the trains are much more comfortable.

I paid for my night train trip from Lviv to Budapest 400 UAH (about 60 euro) and got a comfortable place in a 3 bed compartment.

An other good link is http://www.seat61.com/Ukraine2.htm

Budapest
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Train Poland to Lviv

You can find information about the Kraków-Lviv train here:

www.intercity.pl (timetable, exact prices including bed in sleeper)

-> Train and destinatoins -> Josef Chelmonski (Kraków-Kiev)

3. Re: Train Poland to Lviv

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2009, 12:22