We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

EURO 2012 Border Crossing

Which Lviv hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Topic
EURO 2012 Border Crossing

Hi All,

We will be travelling from Wroclaw to Lviv for a few days then driving up to Warsaw and was wondering what the border will be like? Will there be major delays & how much time should we allow for this?

Kyiv
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
320 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: EURO 2012 Border Crossing

Hi Aek and welcome to Ukraine forum :)

I’m afraid no one can responsibly tell you right now how much time you should allow for the border crossing during Euro-2012. This is totally unpredictable and is a matter of pure luck.

The good news is Ukraine border crossing officials promised some speedy corridors for the fans and assured they’d try to reduce the timing to a few (10-15) minutes, but who knows how they cope in reality?

Have a safe trip and don’t forget that Australian citizens (I’m referring to your profile) require a visa to enter Ukraine.

Edited: 12 March 2012, 15:28
Sydney
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: EURO 2012 Border Crossing

Hello Cora_v,

Thank you for the information. We will be travelling to a few different cities but my main concern is when we travel from Wroclaw to Lviv as we watch a game on the 12th in Wroclaw and then travel to Lviv for a game on the 13th so we will be driving through the night. If you have any other helpful information in regards to out travel plans or the borders please advise as anything will be appreciated. We have also arranged our visas just waiting for the approval to come through :)

Kyiv
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
320 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: EURO 2012 Border Crossing

Don’t think they are going to be too picky during Euro, but it makes sense to also read through the customs rules:

customs.gov.ua/dmsu/…

Also, remember that if you are renting a car (not own it), make sure your rental company allows bringing it into Ukraine (most EU rentals don’t).

Don’t forget to take care of the green card insurance covering Ukraine (the one covering EU doesn’t cover Ukraine).

Sydney
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: EURO 2012 Border Crossing

Great thank you for all the advice I will make sure we are able do all you mentioned,much appreciated

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: EURO 2012 Border Crossing

Hi Aek / Cora

Do you know a rent a car who will allow you to cross the border?

I've tried but no luck yet...

Kyiv
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
320 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: EURO 2012 Border Crossing

Hi RDCJ,

Sorry, but no. As I advised many times on this forum, most of the EU rental companies are hesitant to let their cars outside the EU.

Btw, have you found my response to your earlier thread? tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294473-i3662-k526…

Edited: 29 March 2012, 16:34
Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: EURO 2012 Border Crossing

Hi

I did, thanks. We're flying to Krakow and then taking a train/bus to Lviv or maybe rent a car in Poland, drive to the border and then get a mini-bus there.

It's the easiest way i think.

Kharkiv is too far awy and too expensive to get there.

But thanks for your help.

BTW, 100eur to get a mini-bus from border to Lviv is it expensive?

Lviv, Ukraine
Level Contributor
186 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: EURO 2012 Border Crossing

hi RDCJ!

For now price 100 euros from the border to Lviv is enough. And during football matches also.

You wrote earlier that you have a group of four people, but you ask about the minibus.

You will be sufficient sedan, is not it?

Regards Roman.

Kyiv
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
320 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: EURO 2012 Border Crossing

Hi RDCJ,

I agree with Roman - why would you need a mini-bus for only four of you? It only makes sense if you can find the other pax to share the cost with the four of you.

Nottingham, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: EURO 2012 Border Crossing

Allow a day each way