We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

question about train travel Cora_v?

Which Lviv hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
bristol
Level Contributor
265 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
question about train travel Cora_v?

will be arriving at 06:03 at Lviv on Monday morning

the high speed train departs at 05:50 to Kiev

To the best of your knowledge would the Sleeper arrive say at 05:30

So COULD you get the high speed train although its not a

booked connection

Thanks

NE Victoria...
Level Contributor
2,672 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: question about train travel Cora_v?

Well, I'm not Cora so maybe my opinion won't count for much - and of course, I realise that her knowledge of all things Ukrainian is far and away superior to mine!

:)

But when I caught a sleeper train in Ukraine, it arrived at its destination at the exact time that the timetable said that it would - so I wouldn't rely on a train arriving at its destination 33 minutes ahead of time. Besides, it will have various stops to make en route and it will have to be on time at those or people would miss it. A couple of minutes early is one thing; more than that, well, I would think it unlikely.

So personally, I wouldn't bet on making that fast train and would be looking at alternatives, if possible.

Hope this helps.

bristol
Level Contributor
265 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: question about train travel Cora_v?

Thank you for the reply,will found out for sure on Monday morning.

Thanks again

Odessa, Ukraine
Level Contributor
374 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: question about train travel Cora_v?

Hi infomanBristol,

I'm afraid there is no chance for 33min ahead of schedule arrival. So this is not a final/last/worst option - this is not an option at all.

Kyiv
Destination Expert
for Kiev, Ukraine
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
320 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: question about train travel Cora_v?

Hi infomanBristol :)

Sorry but there is no chance at all for the train to arrive that well ahead of the schedule. Trains in Ukraine are normally quite accurate (unless weather conditions are tough). They arrive (and depart) strictly on time, in the very worse case there can be +/- couple of minutes difference, but definitely not half an hour.

So you will have to take another, later, train to connect.

Edited: 07 September 2013, 19:00
bristol
Level Contributor
265 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: question about train travel Cora_v?

just to thank you cora for your reply

6. Re: question about train travel Cora_v?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Lviv