We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lviv Update??

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
126 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Lviv Update??

Hi Everyone.

I'm travelling to Lviv in July and was just wondering if anyone could please shed some light into how things are in Lviv at the moment?

Are things any different due to the upcoming elections? Or the issues in East Ukraine?

I know I've asked this before, so sorry to be a pain, but any information from the city itself would be great. We are in the dark here and newspaper reports aren't very helpful.

Thanks.

Clare

Kyiv
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
324 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lviv Update??

Ask me in one week :) - we are heading there (and then for Odessa) on May holidays.

No concerns whatsoever so far.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
126 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lviv Update??

Thanks Cora. Will do. Your updates will be much appreciated! :)

Lviv, Ukraine
Level Contributor
595 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Lviv Update??

Being honest - these non-stop "isitsafe" questions are getting a bit annoying.

Face the truth - nobody nowhere is safe in modern world. Eg - if 10th Sept 2001 - I'd asked on NYC travel forum - "Is it safe to get atop of WTC?" - what would be an answer? - and what did happen next day?

I'd propose - to create one only topic about safety issues in Ukraine - and report there ONLY areas LESS safe - saving time/space on REST of the Ukraine.

About Lviv - yes - it's very-very safe here - same as previous 23 years. Would there be any reasons to worry - I will personally write messages to anyone planning to visit city in next couple of months or years.

Mentioned in this post
Kyiv
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
324 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lviv Update??

Thanks a lot for confirming Lvivtravel! :)

Stay cool ;) With current level of propaganda and massive media ermm misinformation it's no wonder people get worried. It’s their holidays and their money, after all.

P.S. Don’t put me on the list of your proposed correspondents – I’m coming anyway :)

NE Victoria...
Level Contributor
2,675 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lviv Update??

Hi Clare, I can understand your frustration - I agree that media reports here about "the situation in Ukraine" are fairly limited in their information, even on the ABC and SBS. It's very difficult to get a clear picture of what's happening in eastern Ukraine.

So stay tuned to the Ukrainian forums. It's so good to be able to read the locals' perspective on daily life and current events there, makes me feel more informed than I would feel otherwise. (Thanks everyone!)

:)

Lviv is wonderful, you'll love it!

(Looking forward to your "trip report" Cora!)

Mentioned in this post
Ukraine
Ukraine
Europe
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
126 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lviv Update??

Thanks everyone! Lvivtravel, I agree, they are very annoying! I even mentioned that in my first post, but like most people have said, we absolutely have NO IDEA on what day to day life is like over there. We are getting these "travel warnings" from our governments that label the whole country as unsafe, so you can understand why we're confused. Thanks for looking out for us anyway and for offering to let us know if there are any issues.

Everyone's help is much appreciated!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
126 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lviv Update??

Thanks halwimsey. You have reassured me! :)

Kyiv
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
324 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lviv Update??

Haha Don't hold your breath, halwimsey! the way we plan to hang out there will hardly be much to remember and report back ;)

NE Victoria...
Level Contributor
2,675 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lviv Update??

Good excuse! Odessa won't know what hit it.

:))

Kyiv
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
324 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lviv Update??

tsss i hope we will find our way to Odessa, after all hehe