We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

information on ai-petri mountain

aaron14danni
Level Contributor
101 posts
1 review
Save Topic
information on ai-petri mountain

I cant seem to find any visitor information on ai-petri mountain for example how much the cable car cost, how to get the bus up the mountain, what times they run etc can anyone help me?

thanks

Lenin Embankment
Historic Walking Areas
Chekhov House & Museum
Historic Sites, Speciality Museums, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Kyiv
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
324 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: information on ai-petri mountain

Hi Aaron and welcome to Ukraine forum :)

Take a look here for some information about the cable way (google-translated) http://tinyurl.com/3zj2un6

That web-site mentions UAH 50 in summer (one-way), but my friends are just back from Crimea and they say it was UAH 60 for one adult ticket last week (they could have misunderstood though).

You can not get to Ai-Petri by public bus, cable or private transfers only.

If there are quite a few of you going, you might want to hire a car and a driver – the offer is huge yet the prices are high, especially in the high season. And I’m not ready to foresee how much they might fancy asking from a foreigner. Therefore pretty often people (strangers) just share the car to get up there.

Have a nice trip!

Edited: 27 July 2011, 14:48
Kyiv
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
324 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: information on ai-petri mountain

Nope, seems like my friends got it right (sorry guys ;).

I just found what claims to be an official web-site of the cableway, and it says UAH 60 for adults one-way: http://tinyurl.com/3ztrldm

aaron14danni
Level Contributor
101 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: information on ai-petri mountain

Hi Cora,

Thankyou so much that is exactly what we are looking for.. only 3 of us and we're looking forward to doing the cable car and probably get the bus.

Much appreciated thanks!

Kyiv
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
324 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: information on ai-petri mountain

>> and probably get the bus.

Sorry, I'm not sure I understand all right which bus you have in mind and where you are planing to get it?

You can get by bus/mini-bus, say, from Yalta (or wherever you are planning to stay) to the cable station.

There are also mini-buses/cars that can run from there up to Ai-Petri (alternative to cable).

But no bus will challenge to running up to Ai-Petri peak by that serpentine road. It's also a restricted area - natural reserve. So not every transport can get there.

Edited: 27 July 2011, 16:40
5. Re: information on ai-petri mountain

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2012, 01:17
Get answers to your questions about Yalta