We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crimea in 10 days

Warsaw
Level Contributor
101 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Crimea in 10 days

Hi,

I am going to Crimea for 10 days in August and I will be grateful for any information regarding the must places I should see. I also don't know which towns I should go to first, from Simferopol to Yalta or some other place.

Is it necessary to stay ovenight in Bakhchysarai or should I go back to Yalta in the evening?

How about public transport and proces in Crimea?

Thanks a lot!

Kate

Warsaw
Level Contributor
101 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Crimea in 10 days

Natalie!

You are amazing!!!! Thank you so much for all the information! I am really grateful!

I've decided to stay for 3 nights 21-24 August in Yalta, then off to Sevastopol for another 3 nights and with the last 3 nights I am not not sure what to do:( go to Feodosia? maybe. I will see:)

THANK YOU!!!!

Warsaw
Level Contributor
101 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Crimea in 10 days

Now, I am thinking about going to Feodosia from Sevastopol during the last 3 days of my stay in Crimea (first 3 nights in Yalta and then 3 nights in Sevastopol) and then back to Simferopol but I am not sure whether it is a good idea. Natalie was right when asking whether I really want ed to see so many places. Maybe I should spend more time by the sea and simply relax...:)

13. Re: Crimea in 10 days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2013, 17:08
Kyiv
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
324 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Crimea in 10 days

>>>> My choice would be Yalta - Sudak - Simferopol.

Sorry, just to double-check - are you positively sure it's Simferopol not Sevastopol that you recommended, Natalie?

15. Re: Crimea in 10 days

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Level Contributor
123 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Crimea in 10 days

My wife and I went to Crimea 2 years ago, long 29 hour train journey from Western Ukraine! It wasn't possible to get a direct train to one of the main destinations, only to Djankoi a small inland town in Crimea, which is a major railway junction. We spent the night in a cheap hotel across the road from the railway station, only cost 70UAN, it was basic, but clean and had a bathroom. The following morning we caught an elektrichka to Simferopil, then another one in Sevastopil, while there my wife mentioned an ancient town in the area Chersoness, but we decided to go to the beach at Cape Fiolent instead just outside Sevastopil, to get to the beach you have to climb down 800 steps, nice beach, but the downpoint is having to climb back up those steps when you leave! After reading about Chersoness later I was dissapointed we didn't go there, my wife regretted it also.

We stayed the night in Sevastopil and caught a bus to Alupka the next morning, where we stayed for 8 days, the Voronets Palace is the main tourist attraction there which is surrounded by a nice park, we weren't impressed with the beach though, which was segregated, many new hotels and the parts where you could swim wereu full of rocks and the water was dirty, my wife said when she had been there as a child it was much nicer with everything open. We took a day trip to Yalta, nice city, but it was oppressively hot and we spent most of our time there in the shade.

We returned to Western Ukraine the same way we arrived.

Kyiv
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
324 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Crimea in 10 days

Natalie, there is no beach in Simferopol. And compared to Sevastopol not much to do and see; it's an administrative centre of Crimea.

That was why I was surprised to see it recommended along with Yalta and Sudak. Makes no sense.

18. Re: Crimea in 10 days

Warsaw
Level Contributor
101 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Crimea in 10 days

Ok, after all these comments, now I am confused:(

I decided to stay for 3 nights in Sevastopol not because I want to spend 3 whole days there (I understand there is not too much to do there, but, on the other hand, I thought there are some beaches there) but to have the possibility to go to places like Balaclava or Bakhchysarai from there. As I understood from some previous comments, there is no need to stay in either of the two places overnight...

so after 4 days in Yalta, 3 days in Sevastopol and the neighbouring places, should I go somewhere else? Maybe then to Sudak?

20. Re: Crimea in 10 days

Get answers to your questions about Yalta