We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kotor - A day visit from cruise in July

England
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Kotor - A day visit from cruise in July

We will have a day in Kotor in July - from a cruise ship.

1. What recommendations of the best things to see and do?

2. What currency? can we use Euros? or local currency?

3. Is it best to stay in Kotor, and walk, or get a taxi and travel out of the town?

Many thanks

Mentioned in this post
Kotor
Kotor
Kotor Municipality, Montenegro
11. Re: Kotor - A day visit from cruise in July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12 November 2011, 02:05
12. Re: Kotor - A day visit from cruise in July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12 November 2011, 02:05
Lancashire
Level Contributor
136 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Kotor - A day visit from cruise in July

how much did you pay for your tour round Kotor?

Nova Scotia
Destination Expert
for Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
13,047 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Kotor - A day visit from cruise in July

It is interesting that two people making their first posts ever on TA choose to come to this forum and recommend the same taxi driver.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
1,347 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Kotor - A day visit from cruise in July

As the posts have been removed, we have no way of knowing who to avoid! Jovan Vukotic was mentioned earlier in the thread. Was he the subject of the offending posts?

I'm looking for a dependable and knowledgeable guide in Kotor so it's important I know who I can trust!

Mentioned in this post
Kotor
Kotor
Nova Scotia
Destination Expert
for Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
13,047 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Kotor - A day visit from cruise in July

Another place to ask your question is on cruisecritic.com

Go to the boards and the Ports of Call section for other Mediterranean ports.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
1,347 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Kotor - A day visit from cruise in July

Thanks, but I already use CC. I prefer TA when it comes to getting the information I need rather than reading social chit-chat.

Camden, Australia
Level Contributor
160 posts
377 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Kotor - A day visit from cruise in July

Hi. Just my personal recommendation but a family I stayed with in apartments in Prcanj, the dad was a taxi driver and ferried me around to Perast and Budva for reasonable rates. Also patient whilst I took pictures and stopped to show me some local sites on the way. Speaks english pretty well. His name escapes me right at the moment but it was arranged through the daughter Mirela (email below)

mia76@t-com.me

Mirela works in shop just near Hotel Vardar in Kotor old city. Very helpful - they certainly looked after me. Worth dropping an email if you would like a local's guide to the place. Any other questions let me know.

Greg

Mentioned in this post
Budva
Budva
Budva Municipality, Montenegro
Hotel Vardar
Hotel Vardar
245 Reviews
Kotor, Montenegro
Kotor
Kotor
Port Elizabeth...
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Kotor - A day visit from cruise in July

Visiting our Lady of the Rocks - How accessible are boats to the island and what is the cost of such a trip?

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Level Contributor
146 posts
1 review
Save Reply
20. Re: Kotor - A day visit from cruise in July

There are always couple of boats transfering people between Perast and Our Lady of Rocks. They are usually frequent, so you will not lose much time waiting. The price was 3€ pp round trip 10 days ago.

Best regards.