We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kotor ATM's

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
82 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Kotor ATM's

I have read that U.S and Canadian ATM cards will not work in Kotor. This was stated in a Wikitravel write-up and also discussed in Tripadvisor (back in 2007). It sounds like this is an issue only in Kotor and not in other Montenegro cities. Does anyone have more up to date information? Will I need to take the bus to Tivat just to get beer money?

Spring, Texas
Level Contributor
90 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kotor ATM's

We are also taking a day trip to Kotor and since we will be coming from Croatia, I have the same question regarding money. Do we need to bring Euros with us?

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
82 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kotor ATM's

We just got home from our trip, so this info is up to date.

In the "shopping center" just north of Old Town there are 3 ATMS (different banks) on the first level. Our card did not work in the first (closest to the main enterance) but no problems with the other 2. I never tried any of the ATM's in Stari Grad, but would expect them to be OK also.

You'll like the place, great people.

Spring, Texas
Level Contributor
90 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kotor ATM's

Great thank you!!

4. Re: Kotor ATM's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 April 2014, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Kotor