We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking outside Kotor old town

sheffield
Level Contributor
26 posts
158 reviews
Save Topic
Parking outside Kotor old town

My wife and I will be stopping in Kotor old town for two days and nights in May during our trip around the Montenegro, BiH and Croatia.

We have a hire car and will be parking for the first afternoon and night in Kotor then out all the next day driving around and parking up for a following night. I have heard that parking outside the city walls is about 90 cents per hour and as we will be there for an afternoon and two nights, this could be about 30 or more hours of parking which pushes up the price of the two night stay quite substantially. Does anyone know if there is long-stay/overnight parking at a more reasonable rate. We don't mind walking a bit further to our accommodation.

Thanks

Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking outside Kotor old town

We stayed in Kotor from 24/4-1/5/2013 and parked for free in various places near the Old Town. It is easier to get a park on the Perast side rather than the Budva end. There was an older car park on the bay which was unattended (so no one gave out tickets or collected any money) while we were there during the week. The place gets really busy on the weekend so it possibly was paid parking then. We also managed to find a park just outside the south gate for a few nights, depending on the time of day you can be lucky. All these areas are within a 2 minute walk of the town gates. Just be patient and you can usually find something. Enjoy your stay, we loved it.

Herceg-Novi...
Level Contributor
39 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking outside Kotor old town

Hopefully i am not too late with this reply!...you can park in Dobrota a 10 min walk from Kotor old town, there are parking bays along the coast which are free of charge.

sheffield
Level Contributor
26 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking outside Kotor old town

Thanks both,

This is really helpful. We will be there in two weeks time.

Cheers

4. Re: Parking outside Kotor old town

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 May 2014, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Kotor
Recent Conversations