We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public transport Dubrovnik airport to Kotor

Which Kotor hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Derry, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Public transport Dubrovnik airport to Kotor

Hi can anyone help please. I'm travelling to Croatia beginning of August with my two kids aged 11 and 14. We only have 7 days and hope to see Dubrovnik, Kotor and one of the islands probably Brac. I don't really want to drive and have spent days online trying to find out about transport connections. Does anyone know for certain if the buses which run to Kotor from Dubrovnik definitely stop at the airport, there appears to be very conflicting advice on this. I've got times of 10,11,15.30 and 1900 for them? Anyone know how much they cost?

How long do you recommend for Kotor, Dubrovnik and one other place (to be decided!).

Finally my youngest is coeliac, is this even a recognised condition in Croatia I wonder?!

First time posting here so sorry if I've asked too many questions. Really appreciate any help. Thanks

Herceg-Novi...
Level Contributor
163 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Public transport Dubrovnik airport to Kotor

The best way is to arrange transfer from airport Dubrovnik directly to the accommodation in Kotor.

You can contact www.intravelmontenegro.net or intravel@t-com.me to arrange you in advance for the price of 80eruo.

There is no buses from airport to Montenegro,you should take bus back to Dubrovnik town and then to take other bus to Montenegro so I think this first solution is better.

Derry, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Public transport Dubrovnik airport to Kotor

Thanks for your reply. I've decided it's best to go to Dubrovnik first and then as you suggest get a bus to Kotor. Some of the hassles people have reported re hiring cars has put me off that option!

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
5,152 posts
328 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Public transport Dubrovnik airport to Kotor

If you've got the money, the easiest solution is a taxi from the airport to Herceg Novi, where you can continue easily by bus.

Moscow, Russia
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Public transport Dubrovnik airport to Kotor

Hi! I have been to croatia-montenegro in april and we used taxi for the transfer from Dubrovnik to Tivat and back ( booked here intravelmontenegro@gmail.com )

It was much comfortable as bus timetable didnt match our timetable.

The company is super friendly, flexible and ready to help!

You can contact them directly to know the price for the specific destinations! http://www.intravelmontenegro.net/

Newry
Level Contributor
22 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Public transport Dubrovnik airport to Kotor

The buses direct from Dubrovnik to Kotor they don't stop at the airport. We had to get the bus to the city and transfer to the Budva bus. Have a look at a post about transfers from airport there seemed to be some good tips on this. If flying from Belfast with Jet2 you will arrive early enough to see Dubrovnik for at least a couple of hours.

How long in Kotor and Dubrovnik? They are towns/Cities and personally with young children I would say keep it at a minimum. Head to the beach - Budva has most things - a medieval walled town, beach and plenty of places to eat. The town and the promenade at night is buzzing and has stalls, amusement rides etc It is only 20 mins from Kotor.

As for the coeliac - I would take supplies of Gluten free food with me if I were you.

Enjoy

Helsinki, Finland
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Public transport Dubrovnik airport to Kotor

Hello.

So, which time do buses run from Dubrovnik to Kotor? Arriving in Dubrovnik on Monday June 9 around 10, so I'm curious which Kotor-bound buses are my options.

7. Re: Public transport Dubrovnik airport to Kotor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 June 2015, 06:18