We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Potential first-timer with lots of questions!

Level Contributor
17 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Potential first-timer with lots of questions!

Hi folks,

I'm looking into getting a cheap getaway in May half term and Bulgaria keeps coming up as an option. I'm definitely keen as Euro countries are too pricey for me and I've done Turkey to death. But I was hoping that some of you seasoned travellers to Bulgaria could help me with the following:

1. Where to go- Golden Sands or Sunny Beach? I'm looking for somewhere which is fairly peaceful by day but with reasonable bars to go to in the evening. Not up for a party hard holiday though!

2. What will the weather be like at the end of May/start of June?

3. Recommended amount of money needed for a week's stay? I will definitely not be going all inclusive; self catering would be preferable.

4. General tips about the country, people, customs etc.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Level Contributor
157 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Potential first-timer with lots of questions!

I think Golden sands would suit you more as Sunny Beach for me any how is too built up. Albena resort a little further along from Golden sands is lovely. but the most expensive of all the resorts.

I live in a small village just 5 mins drive away from Albena and 10 from G/S there is a nice hotel /bar family run by English people in our village. pm me if you need any more info.

Jayne x

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
461 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Potential first-timer with lots of questions!

Why the two big resorts? Have a look at Nessebar & Ravda a lot quieter than Sunny Beach but with lots going on. 30 mins from the airport ( Bourgas ) and both have good beaches.

If you check on holidaylettings.co.uk or any other sites you should find a bargain.

Do a couple of searches on this site for tips and advice in the area.

Hope this helps

3. Re: Potential first-timer with lots of questions!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 17:17
Get answers to your questions about Varna
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor