We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yet another question about sibiu: Violin Workshop

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
80 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Yet another question about sibiu: Violin Workshop

Hi all,

I guess this question can be answered only by locals...

I read in an article written a few years ago in an israeli tourism journal that in sibiu there's a workshop of an italian violin maker named santino mesocullo (i hope i spell it correctly). I couldn't find any info about hom/ about his workshop anywhere else and wanted to know if someone is familiar with him/it.

The workshop is supposed to be at Centumvirilor st.

Anyone has any info? (about visits to the workshop and etc)

TransylvaniaGuide Sibiu
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
Sibiu Tour Guide
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, City Tours, Day Trips
Sibiu Guide Nico
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
Bucharest
Destination Expert
for Bucharest, Brasov
Level Contributor
6,105 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Yet another question about sibiu: Violin Workshop

From what I've read the violin maker is named Santino Mascolo and his workshop is on Konrad Haas street (near Piata Armelor).

Try to contact the Sibiu tourist information office at turism@sibiu.ro (or after you get to Sibiu go ask at the info office in the city hall or the main train station), they should be able to give your more detailed info about this.

Edited: 05 April 2010, 19:24
Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
80 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Yet another question about sibiu: Violin Workshop

thanks.

3. Re: Yet another question about sibiu: Violin Workshop

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2010, 07:16