We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sibiu to Timisoara Transmixt Bus ?

Which Sibiu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Galway
Level Contributor
109 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Sibiu to Timisoara Transmixt Bus ?

I was looking at alternatives for getting from Sibiu to Sighisoara in mid October. I came across Transmixt Bus from Autogara 1 Sibiu Leaving at 5;30 arriving at 11;51.

Has anyone any recommendations re this service? It gives the option of booking. Is this advisable ?

I hate getting up this early but it does seem efficient.

Bucharest
Destination Expert
for Bucharest, Brasov
Level Contributor
5,051 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sibiu to Timisoara Transmixt Bus ?

Transmixt is one of the many companies of the Atlassib group, one of the major players on the Romanian transport market; it's reliable enough.

The booking system on autogari.ro (I assume that's where you saw it) it safe to use.

But if you can be at the bus station with about 20 minutes before departure there's a high chance you'll find a seat even without booking (as it's the start station).

Galway
Level Contributor
109 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sibiu to Timisoara Transmixt Bus ?

perfect

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sibiu to Timisoara Transmixt Bus ?

Do you know if these buses run throughout the day? I'm looking for one that leaves in the evening so I have enough time to do a quick explore of Sibius during the day and then head over to Timisoara. How long does the journey take and approximate cost if you know it?

Bucharest
Destination Expert
for Bucharest, Brasov
Level Contributor
5,051 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sibiu to Timisoara Transmixt Bus ?

There are several options for what you want to do:

- a evening bus that leaves from Sibiu at 17.25 and gets to Timisoara around 23.45;

- a night bus that leaves Sibiu at 21.25 and gets to Timisoara at 3.45;

- an overnight bus that leaves Sibiu at 22.55 and gets to Timisoara at 5.00.

All three run daily and cost about 60 lei/£12.

Belgrade, Serbia
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Sibiu to Timisoara Transmixt Bus ?

I was looking at alternatives for getting from Temishvar to Sibiu in mid Novembar. Has anyone any recommendations for this service?

Timisoara, Romania
Level Contributor
61 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sibiu to Timisoara Transmixt Bus ?

hi,

there are also trains from timisoara to sibiu and back. look them up on http://cfrcalatori.ro/ and u can buy the ticket in the train station before departure. train it is more comfortable than bus and it takes about the same time.

good luck!

7. Re: Sibiu to Timisoara Transmixt Bus ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2015, 19:15
Get answers to your questions about Sibiu