We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in late July

Level Contributor
435 posts
110 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in late July

We will be travelling from Bucharest to Brasov at the end of July and then back via the Transfagarasan Road to Bucharest. Could someone let me know what the weather will be like? Will the weather in Brasov be cooler than Bucharest, and does it get cool in the evening? Also I've read that there may be snow on the mountains on the Transfagarasan Road, does this mean it will be cold?

Destination Expert
for Bucharest, Brasov
Level Contributor
6,428 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in late July

The weather is usually very warm in late July (over 35°C in some parts of the country). The Brasov area is indeed cooler than Bucharest, but temperatures will still be above 25°C; evening are reasonably warm.

On the highest part of the Transfagarasan road temperatures can be well below 15°C.

Cluj-Napoca, Romania
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in late July

You'll have to put on a cardigan in the evening in Brasov :)

Destination Expert
for Romania
Level Contributor
2,145 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in late July

in the past at the beginning of July , I came for a day from sighisoara to brasov, in sighisoara was worm and I was with short clothing and when I arrived to brasov start a strong rain and the weather was changed .

I take a taxi and start at evening to search after a shop ( - :

it can happen in summer.

weather in romania :

Edited: 08 June 2010, 22:22
Sebes, Romania
Level Contributor
31 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in late July

it's been raining alot these last weeks, some people had trouble with flooding...they say it'll stop soon...but definitely take some warm clothes for the evening in brasov... in bucharest it can get over 32 celsius ...

5. Re: Weather in late July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 December 2010, 05:16
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now