We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brasov hotel near train station

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
302 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Brasov hotel near train station

I am having a hard time finding a hotel room as near to the train station as possible. I have only located "Jasmine", and "Grand Perla Ciucasului". Please, anyone knows these hotels? Are they indeed walking distance from station? As I'll be carrying suitcase. Thank you

Bucharest
Destination Expert
for Bucharest, Brasov
Level Contributor
6,108 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Brasov hotel near train station

Jasmine is relatively close to the train station, but Grand Hotel Perla Ciucasului isn't even in the city, it's located in the village Tarlungeni about 9 km away from Brasov.

If you really want to stay as near as possible to the train station you should try Elegance Express hotel ( http://www.hotel-elegance-express.ro/ ) which is literally inside the station, but it really would be better to stay somewhere in the downtown.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
302 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Brasov hotel near train station

Thanks again alterme,

The Grand Hotel was missmarked on the google map. I booked hotel Elegance because I want to be by the station as I arrive from Sinaia and leaving the next morning for Sibiu. Then on my way back from Sibiu-Sighisoara-Brasov I'll stay 3 nights somewhere in the center.

Also, do you know where the bus for Harman or Prejmer leaves from? Which of the two would you suggest I visit, since I don't have time for both?

All the best, Barbara

Bucharest
Destination Expert
for Bucharest, Brasov
Level Contributor
6,108 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Brasov hotel near train station

I think these buses leave from (or at least stop at) Brasov's bus terminal 3 near the city's north-eastern edge (on Harmanului road, no. 47). It's also possible that a few of them leave from the terminal near the main train station.

In any case you can get to both places by train, they're reasonably frequent.and the trip won't take more than 20-30 minutes.

My suggestion would be to go see the church in Prejmer.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
302 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Brasov hotel near train station

Thank you, alterme

I will visit Prejmer by train. Then, I will try to return by bus as the train from Prejmer leaves at 13:42 and I don't want to stay there that long. I also tried to find visiting hours for both Harman and Prejmer but I have no luck. I assume they would be open as regular churches, or do they have special times?

I just booked my hotel at Sibiu, as well. I am getting there, thanks to your help, and I'm getting very excited.

Bucharest
Destination Expert
for Bucharest, Brasov
Level Contributor
6,108 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Brasov hotel near train station

As far as I know the church in Prejmer can be visited from Tuesday to Friday between 9.00-17.00, on Saturdays between 9.00-15.00 and it's closed on Sunday-Monday.

The one in Harman should be open Tuesday to Saturday between 9.00-17.00, Sunday between 10.00-17.00 and closed on Mondays.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
302 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Brasov hotel near train station

Thank you for everything

Bucharest
Destination Expert
for Bucharest, Brasov
Level Contributor
6,108 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Brasov hotel near train station

Have a great trip.

8. Re: Brasov hotel near train station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 January 2011, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Brasov
Recent Conversations