We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train station to old town

Which Brasov hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Roswell, Georgia
Level Contributor
41 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Train station to old town

How far is the distance from train station to old town for Brasov, Sibiu and Sighisoara?

I plan to use Brasov as base and take day trip to Sibiu and Sighisoara. Is Brasov a good selection for base?

Thanks

Constanta
Level Contributor
1,704 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train station to old town

The medieval citadel in Sighisoara is in walking distance from the train station , like 10 min away and is an easy day trip by train from Brasov

The old town from Brasov is far from the train station but there is bus number 4 that links the 2 places so there is no problem .

You can walk from the train station to the old town in Sibiu , is like 20 min away and you could also take a bus there. Sibiu has many attractions , you can easily spend half a day just in the ASTRA Village Museum and is better to move there for 2 days .

Breb, Romania
Level Contributor
544 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train station to old town

I agree with Dariana that Sibiu is a good place to stay a bit longer, but I do have to correct her about the train station there. The station in Sibiu is really close to the centre, some 400 metres and you will enter the old town, and less than 1 km to the main square. So don't take a bus!

Matthijs

Edited: 13 January 2014, 18:55
Roswell, Georgia
Level Contributor
41 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train station to old town

Thanks for all good advises posted.

It helps me to plan my first trip to Romania.

Constanta
Level Contributor
1,704 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Train station to old town

Don't forget to visit Sinaia

For other info read

http://www.romaniatourism.com/

Roswell, Georgia
Level Contributor
41 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Train station to old town

Yes I'll take train from Buchares to visit Sinaia then to Bravo

6. Re: Train station to old town

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 January 2015, 06:18