We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cairo to airport at Alexandria

Which Alexandria hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
20 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Cairo to airport at Alexandria

Hi all. Can any kind soul advise me what is the best mode of travelling from Cairo to the airport at Alexandria? I'm on a tour but extended 2 days at Cairo to explore more. I'm planning to take the train from Cairo to Alexandria. Is the train station at Alexandria near to the airport where I can walk after I alighted the train? Thanks in advance for your advise !

Alexandria, Egypt
Level Contributor
881 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cairo to airport at Alexandria

Which airport in Alex are you leaving from?

Nozha Airport is fairly central, probably 20 mins in taxi from main train station, don't think any international airlines leave from here anymore though.

Borg el Arab Airport, is outside Alex, Lufthansa, Olympic and BA fly from here. Will take an hour to get there in a car from the train station. Will cost you about 100LE to get there in a limo and probably just as much if not more in a taxi. You could also call Fast cabs who have metered cabs on 19559 and organise them to pick you up and take you direct. Would still probably work out cheaper doing this than having to haggle a taxi driver in busy summer months!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
20 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cairo to airport at Alexandria

Thanks for your info egyptiangoddess. Think it should be Borg el Arab Airport then. Was thinking if it'll be better to take taxi from Cairo and go to the airport direct. Which way will be better?

3. Re: Cairo to airport at Alexandria

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2009, 10:20