We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alexandria lodging 23 MAR to 29 MAR 2008

Galveston TX
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Alexandria lodging 23 MAR to 29 MAR 2008

I am working near Alex and my wife is coming to visit I need a hotel with a view of the Mediterranean I like the area around Miami beach can any one give me some pointers?

Thanks

poraquiYporaya

Alexandria, Egypt
Level Contributor
884 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alexandria lodging 23 MAR to 29 MAR 2008

Depends what star of hotel you are looking for, but just alongside Miami is the Marriott. A bit further from Miami is the Sheraton at Montaza.

If you are looking for a hotel with a lower star rating than this, you'll have to give a shout and I'll put my thinking cap on again.

Both the Marriott and the Sheraton Montaza have sea view rooms.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,863 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Alexandria lodging 23 MAR to 29 MAR 2008

Hi check out this website http://www.egyptmyway.com/hotels/alexandria/ there are a couple of lovely looking hotels looking out on to the med.

Alex,Egypt
Level Contributor
250 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alexandria lodging 23 MAR to 29 MAR 2008

I donno, I'd avoid Sheraton, the chain is not as good anymore all over Egypt. Let's say it's quite dated.

Around miami, probably like Egyptian Goddess mentioned, renaissance (marriott).

Galveston TX
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alexandria lodging 23 MAR to 29 MAR 2008

The star rating is not important I see a few hotels when I go into Alex but they aren’t listed in the phone book in a way that I understand their location. I read in another post that there are flats for rent by the day maybe in that case I would stay a whole week in Alex, Any and all help is appreciated.

Thanks,

poraquiYporaya

Alex,Egypt
Level Contributor
250 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Alexandria lodging 23 MAR to 29 MAR 2008

Around miami either rent an appartment or stya in one of the listed hotels, the unlisted ones, or no star ones can be excellent, but they are more around downtown.

6. Re: Alexandria lodging 23 MAR to 29 MAR 2008

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2009, 14:21