We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

day trip to Alexandria from Cairo

chesterfield...
Level Contributor
150 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
day trip to Alexandria from Cairo

Hi

Can anyone recommend any tour companies in Cairo whom we could e mail for prices of a day trip to Alexandria?

Queentut

Alexandria, Egypt
Level Contributor
884 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: day trip to Alexandria from Cairo

At the top of the Cairo forum is a list of all the recommended tour guides and companies. Send out a few emails to a few of them and see what comes up best pricewise and itinerary-wise for you.

There is also a local guide who writes a blog on the touregypt.com website. Her contact details are on her blog somewhere, so it may be worth sending her an email seeing how she compares.

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
4,012 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: day trip to Alexandria from Cairo

It's quite easy to organise your own day trip - travelling by train between Cairo abd Alex.

NJ
Level Contributor
112 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: day trip to Alexandria from Cairo

My husband and I are also traveling to Egypt, in November, and we were looking for a tour from Cairo to Alexandria. We were informed that the train is a good and quick way to get to Alexandria and it is very inexpensive. My question now is how to acquire a local tour guide once we are in Alexandria. I've heard that they are less expensive and sometimes better than an agency,

ATLANTA
Level Contributor
18 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: day trip to Alexandria from Cairo

We will be on a cruise docking in Alexandria and would like to arrange a private tour to the pyramids and Cairo, being careful to be back to the ship before 10PM. I would appreciate tour companies in Alexandria for this.

5. Re: day trip to Alexandria from Cairo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2009, 14:33