We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Solo Female Traveller Visiting Sites of Interest in Alex

Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Solo Female Traveller Visiting Sites of Interest in Alex

Hello All

I'm going to be doing a tour in April and will be in Egypt a few days early. I am debating travelling up to Alex on the train from Cairo and staying overnight in a hostel.

Would it be possible for me to travel by myself to the main sites, using a taxi? Also is there anywhere that has a list of the entrance fees?

Many thanks.

R.

Alexandria, Egypt
Level Contributor
884 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Solo Female Traveller Visiting Sites of Interest in Alex

If you only have a few places to see, and just want to experience Alexandria, you may also like to think about just taking a day in Alex, catch the early train and an evening train back. That would give you plenty of time to see the sights and have a big fresh seafood dinner - or enjoy the corniche coffee shop scene.

If you do decide to stay the night and take it more leisurely - you may want to have a peep at The Union Hotel. They are well used to foreigners there, and as a single female you would probably be happier there than some of the even lower class hotels or hostels. Rooms aren't all that expensive there either.

It will be really easy to get around in a taxi, as a single female it's best if you hop in the back, no matter how friendly your taxi driver seems.

There is a list with all the entrance fees:

tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g294201-c85221/Cair…

2. Re: Solo Female Traveller Visiting Sites of Interest in Alex

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2009, 07:25