We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Have these museums reopened?

Which Alexandria hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
4,012 posts
210 reviews
Save Topic
Have these museums reopened?

I'll be visiting Alexandria again next week. The Jewellery Museum has been closed for many years: has it reopened yet?

The Graeco-Romano museum used to be really good, but was closed when I visited in 2008. It would be great news if this is open again.

I'd appreciate any up-to-date information on these. Thanks.

Alexandria, Egypt
Level Contributor
884 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Have these museums reopened?

I went past the jewellery museum last week and I can confirm that that one is definitely still closed - looks like it's getting closer to completion though, but given the rate things go at in Egypt, I think it's pretty safe to say that it won't be open next week. I'd hazard a guess at maybe another couple of months at the very least, but will keep my eye out.

The Graeco Roman I'm not so certain of as I haven't been down that way in a while, but I haven't heard that it had reopened yet. So I'll say probably "no" to that one too, but would love to be proved wrong by someone saying they just went as I love that place and have wanted to go back for what feels like ages.

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
4,012 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Have these museums reopened?

I stopped by both these museums in the last week and unfortunately confirmed both are closed. It looks like the Graeco Romano museum will be closed for years to come. The Jewellery Museum looks like it could re-open within the next year.

3. Re: Have these museums reopened?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2009, 23:18