We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1.Cheap hotel and 2.Use of pool

Yorkshire Dales...
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Topic
1.Cheap hotel and 2.Use of pool

Hi, two parts to my question, firstly I'm looking for a cheap, budget, no frills hotel in Alex, with contact details if possible.

Secondly, are there any hotels in Alex that let you use their pools/facilities? If so, which ones and do you know how much they charge?

Many thanks :-)

Alexandria, Egypt
Level Contributor
884 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1.Cheap hotel and 2.Use of pool

Check out the reviews for the Union Hotel and see if that fits the bill:

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g295398-d3026…

It's cheap, definitely a budget hotel and may be just what you're looking for.

Contact is by phone or fax only, they have no email address.

There are certainly plenty of other hotels though that are cheap if not necessarily cheerful. I think a few more of them may have reviews in the review section:- Places such as the Haram Hotel, and I forget names of others right now.

Hotels with pools:

Sheraton

Maritim Jolie Ville (formerly the Marriott Renaissance)

Mediterranean Azur

Hilton Green Plaza

Four Seasons

They'll all charge different prices for pool use, some may or may not refund part of this on food. Your best bet would be to send off a few emails to the hotels and ask how much it would be.

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
4,012 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1.Cheap hotel and 2.Use of pool

Last time I checked with the Four Seasons they said their pool and beach was only for hotel residents. I went to the Helnan Palestine and paid to use their pool for the day.

Alexandria, Egypt
Level Contributor
884 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1.Cheap hotel and 2.Use of pool

Knew I forgot a hotel! Thanks Ilovemiddleeast!

Something else to think about is that whether a hotel agrees to let you pay for pool usage or beach access may come down to how full the hotel is on that day or if there is some kind of public holiday.

It's been a few years since I went - but the Maritim hotel used to do a day deal where you could use the pool, and it's gym. Think this also included Sauna use but not massage time.

It never hurts to send an email and ask.

4. Re: 1.Cheap hotel and 2.Use of pool

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 March 2010, 06:22