We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cruises Egypt to Europe

Australia
Level Contributor
2,364 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Cruises Egypt to Europe

Hi

Does anyone know if there are cruises from Egypt to Europe.

I can find cruises from Rome to Egypt but not the other way.

We will be doing a cruise down the Nile and a tour of Egypt in October 2011 and I know that we will be very exhausted after this part of our holiday.

I would like to then relax on a cruise for 7 or 10 days before flying back to Australia.

It would not matter where the cruise ended in Europe, Athens, Rome, Barcelona, Turkey etc as we could fly back from there.

If anyone can help with this question I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Janderra

Ramasside Tours - Day Tours
Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Archaeology Tours, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
Emo Tours - Day Tours
City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
Osiris Tours
Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
4,012 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cruises Egypt to Europe

I am not aware of any Med cruises starting in Alexandria. It is usually just a port of call.

Alexandria, Egypt
Level Contributor
884 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cruises Egypt to Europe

There was one cruise that had Alexandria as it's home port, it only started operating in January this year. Sadly I can't remember the name of the ship, and a Google search isn't stirring any memories for me so maybe it isn't still in operation.

Maybe the people over on the cruisecritic.com forum would have a few more ideas?, jump over to the Alexandria port of call and ask the same question. Lots of people there have taken multiple cruises docking in Alexandria and may be able to point you in a better direction

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
4,012 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cruises Egypt to Europe

There's a recent post on this forum about the Visemar ferry from Alexandria to Venice (cruise sounds OK, waiting at Alex port sounds like torture).

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
4,012 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cruises Egypt to Europe

There's a useful post on Visemar One on the Venice forum as well.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1725258-i15087-k4…

Australia
Level Contributor
2,364 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cruises Egypt to Europe

Hi

Thanks for the link and the information. Doesnt sound like what we need.

I was looking for a relaxing luxury 7 day or so cruise to relax after visiting Egypt and all the sites and the early mornings of the cruise down the Nile, before we have to fly back to Australia in October.

Maybe we would need to fly somewhere like Barcelona and pick up a cruise through Spain and the Canary Islands.

We would already have visited Italy, Croatia, Greece, and Turkey before we get to Egypt so a cruise from Rome would not be suitable as that is where they usually go.

Any other advice really welcome.

Maybe a ferry to Cyprus for a few days before flying back to Rome and then Australia. I believe there is a ferry to Southern Cyrprus but not sure if in October outside of the tourist season that things will be open.

Thanks again

Janderra

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
4,012 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cruises Egypt to Europe

On the Cyprus side I looked into it from there as well (great place for a holiday too but very different to Egypt). I guess the demand is low outside the peak summer season so October routes with Alexandria are not likely.

7. Re: Cruises Egypt to Europe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2011, 05:53