We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

marina 1.. infro needed urgently for 8 girl holiday

Which Alexandria hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
london
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
marina 1.. infro needed urgently for 8 girl holiday

Hi all,

returning to egypt again (love it so much).. and really wanted to visit Marina 1 (near alex i hear, hang out for egyptians)

does anyone know how i'd book this/websites/infro on nightlife what the resort is like and which marina is best (1,2.. 4 etc)

is it true you need a car to get around or are there taxis

thanks x x x x x

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2,251 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: marina 1.. infro needed urgently for 8 girl holiday

Marina is mainly a resort of owned holiday houses. There is only one hotel resort there called Ocean Blue. They are working on adding others. Some of the families that own houses there and don't use it would be offering them for rent. So, if Ocean Blue didn't fit you, you can rent a house. I think you will need local assistance to do that.

Marina is a lovely place with a great beach and many places to hang out all night. Egyptian upper class families start invading it every year with the beginning of June and they keep the place jumping until early September. During the night visitors come to Marina from all over the northern cost resorts to hang out and have fun.

There is a bus service that links the different parts of Marina, but it is not frequent and slow. Renting a car seems to be essential to move around the northern cost especially that you might want to explore some places and restaurants that are outside of Marina in other neighboring resorts or even as far as Agamy, the western subborb of Alexandria.

Marina 2 is the most popular resort and the most lively, but at the end of the day they are just part of the same big Marina. So, it wouldn't make much difference where you are. You are always a short ride from any of the other Marina sections.

You might need to contact a local travel agent to help you rent a place there. If you are coming in the later part of the summer (August) I can help you coz I will be spending some time during July in our beach house which is a few kilometers to the east of Marina.

london
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: marina 1.. infro needed urgently for 8 girl holiday

Thanks darsh, whats ur email if you dont mind?!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2,251 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: marina 1.. infro needed urgently for 8 girl holiday

My email is:

mykhalil@hotmail.com

va
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: marina 1.. infro needed urgently for 8 girl holiday

hey Lolita ,

i am egyptian i live the states i go to marina every summer ... its much better to have a car so u ll be free to drive around cause it a huge resort ..

when itr comes to the booking and reservation thats not a problem at all u ll find alot of spots that u can stay at ...... depends when r u going ....??

contact me for more info : refa3y_takecare@hotmail.com

Alexandria, Egypt
Level Contributor
881 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: marina 1.. infro needed urgently for 8 girl holiday

This post is 2 years old. I think the person asking the question may have moved on a bit by now!

6. Re: marina 1.. infro needed urgently for 8 girl holiday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2009, 08:18