We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Want to stay with my egyptian boyfriend

Which Alexandria hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
1 post
Save Topic
Want to stay with my egyptian boyfriend

Hi

I know that egyptians are not allowed to stay in hotel rooms with foreigners. But does anyone know a place in alex were i could stay with my egyptian boyfriend (im European) nevertheless? I know about the orfi but isnt there any other Way? Hotels in Alex that are more large or appartements you could rent?

Thank you in advance

Doncaster, United...
Destination Expert
for Nabq Bay, Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
1,188 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Want to stay with my egyptian boyfriend

Hi

Unfortunately it doesn't just relate to hotel rooms it simply is against the law for an Egyptian national to co habit with a member of the opposite sex unless married ! Doesn't matter whether hotel or apartment. There may be some that turn a blind eye to it but it is illegal and they are all supposed to check your paperwork so you could get into trouble!

london
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
12,087 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Want to stay with my egyptian boyfriend

Or more to the point he could get into trouble. I say more to the point as he has to live there and you don't.

3. Re: Want to stay with my egyptian boyfriend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 July 2014, 06:17